Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:40 PM
Those would be the deleted sims, it can't bring them back unfortunately but it cleaned up what it could. The missing relationships and memory issues were probably due to those sims, which is what I meant by the problem compounds. Sim A gossips about sims B but sims B is no longer there and so you get an error. I am sure there are other ways the corruption spreads but I'm not that up with the lingo. If you search out Mootilda's old posts she explains it all properly. This is why nuking gossip on the bat box and runing hood checker can keep your hood going as they both get rid of some of the issues. It's like cleaning up while something is constantly making mess, if you clean up fast enough things can stay alright for quite sometime.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 9:42 PM
You can't fix those. They're characters you deleted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 4:12 PM
Awwww.... My poor hood . At least there are ways to clean them to minimise damage ??
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 4:27 PM
I feel for you jimbbg. You wouldn't have a backup from before deleting those sims would you?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 5:19 PM
I did not back up my hood unfortunately...... I seriously did not think an innocent act as just deleting Sims family can cause problem!!!! what are they thinking at EA???
Mad Poster
#56 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 9:25 PM
If you do SimPE you can go to More Awesome Than You and find the thread about the Deleted 2 technique, and do that. It is not something I would do: I fail my lazy throw pretty regularly.

I'm at the over 1000 mark for my hacks folder in my regular game. Medieval's probably more. And includes the NPC-making objects: I figure they go with my multi-poly-tech and multi-plantsims as a category.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Undead Molten Llama
#57 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
I did not back up my hood unfortunately...... I seriously did not think an innocent act as just deleting Sims family can cause problem!!!! what are they thinking at EA???

Unfortunately, the fact that various things you can do in-game (Delete Sims/families, use the "deleteallcharacters" cheat, move occupied lots to the Lot Bin, and delete/sell graves are the biggies) corrupts neighborhoods was only discovered by end-users like us, not by Maxis. And my understanding is that most of it was discovered after the game was already out of production, so, no updates/patches to fix anything were possible.

GENERALLY, the symptoms of corruption accumulate and start to appear over time and so GENERALLY only affect people who play neighborhoods long-term. (Not always the case; sometimes neighborhoods become unplayable very quickly, but more often it's a long-term thing.) So, it's not something that Maxis would have noticed in their likely very-short-term testing. And in your case, it might not be something that will affect you much unless you intend to play that neighborhood long-term, over multiple generations.

That said, if you don't have a backup and don't feel like going to the effort of trying to save what you can, then you might just be best off starting over now, AFTER reading up on corruption and how to avoid it.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 6:38 PM
I spent a lot of time customising the hood, adding a lot of new families that took me a long time to create and I have played them for a long time...

Is there a way to export all these families to a new hood ?
Page 3 of 3