Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:34 AM
Default It's stupid, but it's happening.
Hello!
After being stuck in my own lot, going back at least serious problem I had with the open for bussiness.
A few days ago I created a store where there is a flower shop / candy and coffee store / restaurant serving sweets.
Only items of the shop on shelfs (flowers and candy store) are sold. No one ever drink coffee or request a table for "dinner" .
I fear have done something wrong, because I have all that is necessary (since plates, industrial stove to the host stand) and nothing worked. Maybe it's because I put a lot of business in one lot...
So I tried to despair. I want to use a mod as Simlogical's "AutoTeleporterShrub", perhaps with more people in the lot someone feel hungry. But I can't find it in my game. I don't know if I should use it with another mod any.
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...Teleporters.htm
Not sure if this is due to my lack of glasses or something more serious. I don't know if that will solve the problem, after all.
For the second time today, help me.
Screenshots

There's nothing here... Go to next post.
Call me Shine :*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:42 AM
Nobody will order coffee unless you hire a barista. I believe this barista must be a townie, but I could be wrong.

The teleporters are under Deco/Misc and cost $1. The AL version is a cat statue. It shouldn't conflict with any other mod, but it can only make people show up; it can't make them buy anything.

Restaurants are the hardest business to run, and nothing competes with cheap items for sale for advertising - they will always draw business away from everything else on the lot. I suspect you've simply bitten off a bit more than you can chew, and would do well to focus on one function per business till you get some more experience under your belt.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:48 AM
As I said in the other thread, you can't really combine shop types and expect it all to work. Certain things are coded more strongly and a restaurant will take precedence over all the other things. Sims will go right to the podium, sit, eat and most likely leave.

To sell coffee you need to hire somebody. But you can't expect to sell coffee, and flowers and restaurant meals.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:51 AM
I have a barista, he is a townie.
I did not start with all time business. I put the flowers and the candy store with that specific coffee maker, still didn't work. I tried to only have the restaurant and nothing too.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:53 AM
Said, Jo? I really didn't understand you then. I do not speak English very well. :/

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 12:56 AM
Wasn't it you saying on the other thread your sim got stuck at your restaurant/coffee shop? Sorry if I have mixed you up with someone else.

What do you mean by "I tried to only have the restaurant and nothing too" Do you mean nothing on the lot works?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:04 AM
Ya, nobody has hungry.
(in real life no ones would eat my food :P)

Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:07 AM
The problem is likely that the items for sale, especially if they're cheap, are far more attractive than anything else on the lot. So, customers will ignore everything else and buy things instead of having a meal or coffee.

My advice would be to make the lot EITHER a restaurant OR a shop. Not both at the same time. I hate running restaurants, myself, but when I have run them, I found they worked best when it was JUST a restaurant. No bar. No coffee. No games to play. Nothing to buy. Just a restaurant, nothing else. Otherwise, Sims tend to get distracted. Having many things together works OK on an unowned lot, but owned restaurants, in my experience, work best by themselves.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:07 AM
First: the restaurant. (doesn't work automatically, only spawning sims and controlling)
Second: the candy/coffee shop. (candy works automatically, coffee is the same of restaurant)
Third: the flower shop. (works perfectly)

Items are medium price. I can't understand why they doesn't work separately.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:08 AM
Okay so does your restaurant have a podium and a host? You need to click on the podium and make someone host. You also need to set the menu and have a chef and a waiter. If sims are checking the menu but leaving with bad stars or have negative thoughts it is probably because your prices are too high, check and make sure things are set to cheap in a brand new restaurant. Do not combine it with other things such as things for sale.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:13 AM
As shown in the picture, have a host and all. I do not know if I put a locked door at the florist and the rest or build another lot, which seems very boring.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:28 AM
In my experience, having items for sale completely takes business and attention away from anything else in the business. I practically have to use cheats to force customers to eat at my restaurant if there are other items for sale on the same lot.

If you want to run a profitable restaurant, the restaurant stuff should be the only business on the lot. No cheap, hand-crafted toys or anything. An espresso bar is the least profitable in my experience. The espresso bar literally has to be the only thing on the lot before Sims will even think about buying a cup.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:32 AM
Sims have to arrive hungry in order to sit down and eat. If you give them something to do that makes their hunger bar go down, they will eat.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:27 AM
http://www.simwardrobe.com/

There's an item called the Hungernator under Objects - Business Facilitators that makes sims hungry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 2:44 AM
I have this mod, Charity. I'm using it right now.
I'm starting by zero, whereas unfortunately I cannot make a shopping complex.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:26 AM
You can't combine a flower shop with a restaurant or any kind of retail, they simply wont work properly. Now there are other ways of providing food which don't include an actual restaurant, but that takes some cc. Also sorry but I can't see much in your pictures, you need close ups.

You can have a shopping centre, but it needs to either be unowned so NPC's run it or use other means to feed the sims not a restaurant.

Some ways to feed sims would be:
Use the shiny time cook top with the Simlogical patch, this spawns a cafeteria worker.
Use the in game food stands
Use Exnem's food plates which have a pay function, so each plate taken makes some money.
Use Sim wardrobes buffet which can also be set to pay.

For example for my coffee shop I sell plates of food, I have a hired sim run the coffee bar and upstairs I use Exnem's desert cart. It must be coded fairly strongly as sims often go and take food from it.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 11:04 AM
Do you have a kitchen? Do you have the restaurant stove? For cooking. It's 2 tiles wide.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:26 PM
To find the teleporter shrub you need to look in Build Mode, with the plants.

About your business lot: You have to make three different businesses, on different lots. Not all on the same, it's too many.

When you try to combine the different types, the game is confused, because it was not designed to do this.

In Open For Business, you have three types of business:

1. A shop, to sell items. For this you need the shelves, a cash register, and you must set items for sale with the tool.

2. A restaurant for sims to eat at. For this you need the host podium (I see you have this) and the large, white, two-tile stove. Not the industrial stove which is metal and came with "Sims 2 University". I can't see which stove you have in the picture.

3. An entertainment business. For this, you only need the "bandatron" item, (black pay station thing) and some fun things to do.

Don't try to mix these. For example, when you want to make a shop, don't place a bandatron or the restaurant items. When you want to make a restaurant, don't set anything for sale, and don't place a bandatron. When sims think that a business is a restaurant, they come, eat, and leave. They don't use any other items on the lot apart from maybe toilets.

You can run this kind of combined business all together but only as a normal community lot, not as a business owned by a sim.

I hope this was clear, please ask if not.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:53 AM Last edited by gazania : 12th Mar 2015 at 4:06 AM.
I must have been one of the five Sims players who actually did great with a combo restaurant/shop (bakery, knick-knacks and florist). Perhaps there was some sort of mod that helped out ... this was back in my Seasons days, at least five years ago, and I've revised most mods since then. Looking back, I wondered why I did it.

I don't do this anymore because I found it simply became too involved. There was too much to keep track of.simultaneously. My poor Sim needed some down time to relax!

So I would also echo to focus on just the restaurant or the shop for now, but for different reasons. My Sims business owners became less stressed-out ... and so did I! As you start running more businesses, you'll most likely get a feel for what businesses work for you, and what ones do not. (For instance, I find bandatrons annoy me, though many people like them.)

Eventually too, you might want to learn to create connecting building lots, much like a real mini-mall. It's not hard ... even I figured it out. But for now, I'd keep it simple until you get the hang of all this.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 2:36 PM
I think it is possible, but as you say, one must be excellent at micromanagement and/or very experienced at running each kind of business, as well as perhaps lucky with placement and/or mod combos.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...