Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7376 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:56 PM
I've been playing my medieval game.

The Reed Family

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Alchemist
#7377 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I've been playing my medieval game.

The Reed Family

Ahhh. Those pics are beautiful!
Forum Resident
#7378 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:40 AM
Mary Zimmerman is a CAS sim that moved into a custom hood. Being a Romance sim, she wasted no time getting to know every man that walked by her house, flirting with them, dating them, and ultimately woohooing them. Among the 15 or so men she woohooed was Sinjin Couderc. About a week after she moved in, she found out that she was pregnant by Sinjin. Figuring he would want nothing to do with the child seeing as he was a Romance sim as well, Mary didn't bother telling him of her pregnancy and continued to see other men up until the time she gave birth to not one but two babies - a boy and a girl named Leo and Leah. Minutes after she gave birth, she grabbed the nearest man to her and continued her life of fornication. When the twins were children, Sinjin walked by Mary's house and Mary greeted him, not having had her daily dose of woohoo yet. Sinjin was surprised to see the twin, both looking enough like him that he couldn't deny them, but otherwise didn't have much to say on the matter as he followed Mary to the bedroom. A few days, and many many men passing through the house, the twins became teens and Mary found out she was pregnant again but had no idea who the father was. This didn't bother her, nor slow her down in her quest for woohoo.

Leah, a Popularity sim, saw how popular her mother was with the men of the neighborhood and decided that she would try flirting with the men that came through the house the same way her mother did. She had a quick fling with one of her mother's men, but Remington Harris, the maid, really caught her eye and she quickly lost her virginity to him. Luckily though, even though they woohooed a couple times, she never fell pregnant to him.

Leo - a Fortune sim - surprised me when he turned his attention to Orlando Bertino. Orlando had previously had his sights set on Leah and the two had even flirted a couple times, but Leo would not back down and quickly had Orlando's heart. The two quickly decided to go steady and shared their first woohoo together.

Soon enough, Mary went into labor and gave birth to a dark skinned, blonde haired boy named James. It didn't take long for Mary to realize that this child was also Sinjin's so she called him up to invite him over and tell him he had another son. Sinjin paid even less attention to this child, Leo taking on most of the responsibility for the infant.

Eventually, the twins went to college, taking Orlando with them, and moved into a small house together. While Leo spent the night on his new favorite toy - the telescope - Orlando tested out his Romance aspiration on Leah and the two ended up woohooing together, breaking Leo's heart. But Leo did not want to give up on Orlando so the couple eventually worked things out. Meanwhile, Leah was testing the waters on the many college boys that walked by the house. Most just flirted a little, maybe would share a kiss, but otherwise didn't get too involved. Leah didn't care much as she mostly wanted to paint and get good grades. One day, Leah decided to call up a few of her professors and invite them over. She had simply planned on talking to them about her assignments, maybe get some tutoring, but didn't plan on how cute one of them was! And it didn't hurt none that by showing him some 'special attention' made him show her some special attention when it came to her grades. So now Leah is in love with one of her professors and calls him over to woohoo regularly. She is still lucky though in the fact that she has yet to get pregnant.

Meanwhile, back in the main hood, Mary decides that she is getting older and that she doesn't want to be alone after James eventually moves out to college so she invites Sinjin over once again. After a lengthy talk, the two decide that Sinjin should move in, get to know his children, and spend countless hours sharing what Romance sims want most with Mary. Sinjin rolled a random want during a date to get engaged to Mary, and so on a whim proposed - which Mary accepted - but they both know that they aren't ready nor willing to get married at the moment. So they decide that they will have an 'open engagement' and Sinjin and Mary will continue to see as many partners as they wish.

James grows into a child and quickly maxes out his Creativity and Charisma skills. He spends most of his time at the easel or the ballet bar, making thousands of dollars for the family by selling his paintings. Mary is a Rock God, so they don't really need the money, but it makes James happy and this way he will be able to have his own personal bank account for when he moves to college. The biggest problem he faces is the lack of attention he receives from his parents and even the many men and women that come to the house. The only person who ever talks to him is the nanny and that is only when she isn't playing on the Dance Sphere or ballet bar. He also has to try to ignore the many times that he catches his mother and father and the other people naked in the living room or kitchen. But he just paints his pictures and dreams of the day he will be able to go to college like his brother and sister and get out of this place.

For a few days, Mary and Sinjin agree to not have anybody else over to the house except for the nanny and the maid. They spend most of their time woohooing, as two romance sims will do, and sure enough, Mary soon finds out she is pregnant again. This time, she knows that the baby is Sinjin's and is happy that he will at least be around to see this kid be born and grow up. Now if she could only have three hours go by that she wasn't running to the bathroom to throw up.....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Mad Poster
#7379 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 4:26 PM
I've decided I definitely need an orphanage seeing as I have 2 babies and 3 children that I'd like to remove from families (being that houses are too small, or it's part of a storyline that they don't care/want them) but I want them to age properly. I renovated a house to accommodate a reasonable amount of children, as well as teenagers

The only problem is, I don't know who to have as the orphanage owner. I might have a few. But I can't find any sims who really fit the bill. I guess Brittany Upsnott, seeing as she's been raising one of the girls while the orphanage was being built might be interested, but at the same time she's quite glamorous and enjoys her apartment in belladonna. She's not really interested in changing dirty diapers all day long.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#7380 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM
Today I was playing university, and Opal Couderc was the only playable sim in her dorm. I sent her off to the secret society to see what talent was available, and soon pretty Leila walked by the cowplant. The plant gulped her down, but Opal called the Grim Reaper, and then had another resident for her dorm, and another best friend. Leila drank her own cowplant juice, and set about getting fit on the punch bag. Pretty soon the cowplant stirred again, just in time for another sim to walk by.

To save, or not to save? There was nothing to recommend him; he was not handsome: heavy jowls, craggy nose. He had plenty of creativity points but no contacts at all. In his memory there was only 'Went to college'.
I'm afraid that one just added to the ghost population.
Forum Resident
#7381 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 6:12 PM
When I created my first orphanage, I used the Faith Goodie as the caretaker. Just an idea. I usually use elder women sims for this purpose and I had no other ideas for the Goodies. The only exception is the boot-camp orphanage for wayward children and teens, where I need an adult with lots of energy to be a Drill Sargent type caretaker.
Mad Poster
#7382 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venusking
When I created my first orphanage, I used the Faith Goodie as the caretaker. Just an idea. I usually use elder women sims for this purpose and I had no other ideas for the Goodies. The only exception is the boot-camp orphanage for wayward children and teens, where I need an adult with lots of energy to be a Drill Sargent type caretaker.

That would be an amazing idea, the only problem is that the Goodies are days away from death in my game. I might make their son and his wife (Sharla Ottomas) take over the orphanage for a few years (the house is getting waaay too crowded anyway). In my game they're kinda the "good religious" type. I'm also considering Sarah Love, however she's got 2 newborns to raise at the moment. Thanks for the idea though, I quite like the idea of the Goodies :D

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#7383 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Ahhh. Those pics are beautiful!

Agreed. Even though I don't play Medieval, I still find some of the stuff people do with their game (and the CC, defaults and mods that go with it) interesting. Joandsarah, that basket-weaving station wouldn't happen to be from Plumbob Keep, would it (also hopefully not a default)? I think it looks interesting, and I might use it on lots with farmer/earthier/sims that are more into handicrafts lots (if I ever end up getting my game properly working, that is. Hate Windows 8. HAAAATTTTEEEEE!!!).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7384 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 1:10 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Mar 2015 at 2:46 AM.
Aww thank you @applefeather2, those are just shots, but glad you like them.

@anothereyjana That weaving station is indeed from PBK and is by the Sun&Moon group. It is not a default but one of the new stand alone 'work benches'. It makes really lovely furniture and it picks up all your bedding recolours! So if they weave a comfy chair I can change the cushion to one of my medieval beddings.

This thread moves fast and I nearly forgot I came over to post some more medieval pictures.

The Strong family

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7385 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM
Ocean Smith, adopted son of Jenny and PT9, just became big man on the campus! And he hasn't even completed freshman year yet. I haz a proud!
Top Secret Researcher
#7386 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:12 PM
I haven't played for about six months so am getting "reacquainted" with them all in Veronaville. Mila and Lars Larsson's child is not Lars' after all,but the product of an illicit affair with a married man. She's just given birth to another illegitimate child - from yet another married man (and I'd forgotten all about it). I leave myself little surprises, it's quite funny.
Forum Resident
#7387 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 11:00 PM
My poor sim Jude just had a terrible couple of days. The day before her wedding, she gets demoted and received a nasty looking sunburn. The day of her wedding she has to go into work due to the demotion changing her hours. Another chance card pops up and she gets fined 1000 simoleans. Thank goodness the actual wedding went off without a hitch.
Forum Resident
#7388 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 6:22 AM
Brian Grunt (a.k.a. Buck - I didn't like the name) is supposed to be studying Mathematics at uni. At the moment, he seems to be more interested in studying bubble blowing and computer games... until he suddenly decided that actually he did want to write a term paper, so he did, and then promptly started wanting to miss class and blow more bubbles.

I hadn't played with the bubble blower since coming back to TS2 after five years just playing TS3, and I'd forgotten how funny it is to watch.
Forum Resident
#7389 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:14 PM
I just created a 1950s family, and I've started to build a historically-accurate modern 1950s style house. The son is a greaser, so I'm hoping that will spark some conflict when I start playing with the family.

(I have pictures attached cause I'm uploading them from my computer and can't figure out how to put them in the post)
Screenshots

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#7390 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 9:33 PM
General Buzz just got married. He is now officially known as General Buzz Loste.

Field Researcher
#7391 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
General Buzz just got married. He is now officially known as General Buzz Loste.

Ooh, I played that pairing once (only Kristen took the Grunt last name), it worked out pretty well

In my game, the Cordial sisters became witches, and Kimberly is slowly building a relationship with Antonio Monty - they're just crushes now, but they did have a great date. Meanwhile, Samantha married Connor Weir. Erin Beaker married Chester Gieke, while her ex-roommates Lola and Kristen are now a lesbian couple Lola's sister Chloe is still living with them, though, but she now has her eyes set on Geoff Rutherford, who's now living alone since Connor moved in with his wife Samantha, so she might be able to join him at his mansion soon (And hire a bunch of staff, partially to help with the house, and partially as their playthings )
Lab Assistant
#7392 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:42 AM Last edited by ANiallGirl4Life : 10th Mar 2015 at 8:48 PM.
While I'm awaiting University (I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday!), I've begun to set up "countries" in TS2 while my alphabet legacy is on a temporary hold (I want Autumn to go to college and she's only 5 days from adulthood). Basically, I model each country off of a country in real life–Italy, England, France, Africa (like, within Africa I'd do a country that's better off–like South Africa–and then a country that's not so well off), Spain, etc. and all the sims will have the names/looks/lifestyles corresponding with each country. I'm working on Italy right now–I'm thinking each country has about four or five families to start. It's exciting!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7393 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 3:42 AM
Don't forget us Aussies.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#7394 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Don't forget us Aussies.

I won't :P

Scholar
#7395 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ANiallGirl4Life
. Basically, I model each country off of a country in real life–Italy, England, France, Africa, Spain, etc.

One of these things is not like the others....

It's ":Africa," which is a countinent holding more than forty countries, with more recognizable differences among them even than between the countries of other continents. If you dig into it, you'll find lots of interesting and inspiring material there. What I would do, with a challenge like yours, would be to give myself a certain number of countries per major continent to work with (like maybe three, since you've said you'll have a few families from each country, but it could be more if you wanted a bigger population), and then of course Australia and maybe the Pacific Islands, I don't know. Anyway that way I could enjoy all the challenge of differentiating and representing all the cool stuff. Not to mention all the fun inspiring browsing that woulkd arise, and the exciting building challenges...

I don't have the fortitude for anything so ambitious, but I envy you the fun you're going to have with this!
Lab Assistant
#7396 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 5:37 PM
Aye, I forgot about that. I'm ashamed because I should've realized my mistake because we read about Africa in English class lol. Thanks I'll fix it

Scholar
#7397 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 7:10 PM
we all have brain farts. But don't think of it as something to be ashamed of, think of it as an unexpected opportunity for more fun details than you remembered you had access to!
Field Researcher
#7398 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:48 AM
Carlos Contender and Jessica (Peterson) Contender just had their first children, twin girls Caroline and Charlotte. I didn't know Carlos was a genetic redhead! It makes me happy because I love having Sims with recessive genes, especially red hair, in my game. Anyways, both girls appear to have red hair after their dad

Also, Cyd Roseland got engaged to Alexandra Theatherton, while his Downtown neighbor, Julien Cooke, married a townie (I think her name is Caryl or something) - she is not the best looking of Sims, but they have a really high attraction, and I'm excited to see what their kids will look like when it comes to that
Instructor
#7399 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:57 AM
I lost my first complete family since I was a noob at the game..... I've had pretty much every original family wiped out in this hood but never completely in the past they've always left behind orphans. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later and I'm glad it wasn't one of my favorite families but still yikes and as I was trying to boost the population too.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Forum Resident
#7400 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 6:08 PM
General Buzz found Bella Goth wandering around town with no memory. He suspected she had been abducted by aliens and took her to the base to question her. Despite trying many techniques and drugs, he was unable to get her to recall anything about the aliens or her life before. The other army officials decided it was a waste of time (they think Buzz is a bit unreasonable when it comes to aliens) and let her go. Buzz wasn't ready to give up, though. So, he invited her to live with him until she remembered her past. Bella, being a romance sim and seeing that this man was taking care of her, felt compelled to get to know him better. Gradually, they fell in love. This delighted his sons because he was always in a good mood and didn't hassle them so much. Tank didn't really trust her, though. He had a feeling she wasn't the faithful type. It was something in the way she looked at him when his dad wasn't home. Ripp has his own worries. He was looking through the telescope last night and can't remember going to bed. He also felt really sick this morning and missed school. He remembered some guys talking in town about the same thing happening to them and they had alien babies. He knows how his father feels about aliens and doesn't know what he will do if he is pregnant.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 296 of 363