Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 2:41 PM
J.M. - Thank you very much for the detailed explanation; you and Inge seem to understand each other better and faster than me -
Do you think it would be possible to create additional GLOBALS, assigning to a private GroupID a BHAV with instance 0x0XXX? I don't think so, because the "collided" semiglobals are referenced in a GLOB file, while I guess that the Global groupID is hardcoded in the game. I'll try.

Inge - I perfectly get your point. While using JM's method it's theoretically possible to import an entire semiglobal space into a "collided" one, in most case it's difficult (think to complex semiglobals such as the stove/fridge/food ones). But anyway, just to mention one, the PetGlobals (one of the biggest global groups I know of) is composed by "only" 196 BHAVs, 26 BCONs and few STR#: it's not too a big mass of data for the game to manage.
However, this method may be extremely useful for those objects that use smaller semiglobal groups, or no semiglobals at all.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:04 PM
Pescado, what do you use to get the appropriate string? Is it the NREF?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#28 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 6:51 AM
NREF, yes. Then you should doublecheck to make sure the hash-generator correctly collided the results. Otherwise you'll have to brute it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Page 2 of 2