Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:39 AM Last edited by AccioJosh : 30th Dec 2004 at 4:31 AM.
Church with catacombs...
So I have been stalking the forums for some of the really amazing, wonderful things you guys have created here, and somewhere whilst I was searching for unlocked tombstones I read a post about catacombs and was inspired...

I spent hours working on it, but I'm not sure if it's worthy of anyone's attention here. I have a few 'teaser' photos to see what you all think, and I can take more...

This is the front, of course, with the front gardens peaking out a bit.

The main feature and first completed aspect of the church. You can see they are set low and tall, just like real catacombs. Unfortunately none of the S2 objects look properly ancient or rotted, so I made it a more 'functional' area for burial ceremonies and such.

The entry hall, which has a twin on the other side with slightly different decor.

And the main worship room; you can see the three-story vaulted ceilings, which add to the power of the speeches given here. Off to the left is a smaller room for Sunday School and smaller ceremonies. On the right is a kitchen/dining area for those fund-raising dinners and the priests to eat in during off-hours.

As you can see here, there is also a Cardinal's balcony for when you have special guests who need their own vista. The lower balcony is for the choir and additional seating as needed.

This shows the smaller chamber off to the left of the main hall.

You can see the kitchen/dining area here.

This shows the brides dressing room. The door on the left goes to a private bath.

This shows the secular office where all the church's administration is done. On the left is the door up to the living quarters.

The study room, which is the entry room for the living quarters. (The wallpaper is my own modified version of the plaster that comes with the game.)

This shows the sleeping area for the priests.

This shows the two roof gardens that the priests use for study and meditation.

Let me know if you're interested in either further images or an actual downloadable version. I used the 'tombstone hack' for the graves, so if you have it installed you should be able to get this lot just right.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get some church-themed clothing? I'm going to have a look myself, but would appreciate any help you can give. I'm hoping to make this livable =o)

And ... um, btw; HELLO =o)

Edit: As you can see, it's been updated. The downloadable version is coming shortly. Thanks to all of the comments and suggestions, and I hope you like the updated version!

And now, for download. (Is larger than original file because I used a different tomb set that actually carried over. All custom wallpapers, carpets and tombs are included in the .sims2pack file.)

That's it, I think. Enjoy!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:45 AM
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: its great plz i want to download
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:54 AM
Its.. great.. i guess. keep up the nice work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:58 AM Last edited by AccioJosh : 29th Dec 2004 at 6:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Giniro
Its.. great.. i guess. keep up the nice work.

That sounds uber enthusiastic... Did you have comments? I'm up for any critisisms. I'm still pretty pathetic at this building thing... so any comments, suggestions or feedback is totally welcome. Go ahead and tell me what you really think.

Thanks for replying, anyway!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 5:58 AM
Fantastic!!!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:01 AM
Well, i really like the interior of the building.. but not so much of the exterior.. It looks like you just got bored or tired on the exterior and just threw it all together.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:08 AM
Well, i really like the interior of the building.. but not so much of the exterior.. It looks like you just got bored or tired on the exterior and just threw it all together.

Hm. Do you mean the gardens? Or the actual architecture? I tried to make it somewhat more appealing with the pillar and ledge accents, but I'm not the greatest at that sort of thing.

If you meant the grounds, well most of them are open the cemetary and front entry walk and rear exit walk are both fairly well-done...

Do you have suggestions for how you would change it?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:10 AM
It looks great really.. I think some people on this forum are addicted to building cheats and don't really understand that something doesn't have to have un useable walls to still be a great building. The outside is nice.... given the limited number of wall textures available pre Homecrafter... it was a nice choice you selected. Its well balanced and well planned out. What is nice is judgeing from the pics you posted it is in fact useable and elegant for a church at the same time. Good job.

ps...

I don't give praise to anyone often.. Should say something to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:12 AM
Default Priest Outfit
They have a priests outfit at The Sims Resource. The site appears to be down at the moment but it may just be my server having a moment.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:14 AM
Its the building itself. i just don't find it that appealing. The windows don't really seem to match the stone on the wall. i would suggest the darker windows.. because the blue. ugh. And if you had white windows, i would suggest white frames and maybe doors to match each other . And the two parts of the building with the fence along the top. i think that is a bit too tall. Try it with just a white border, see how it looks.
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:16 AM
it looks good. i would downlode it(if avalible) but i like small one level houses for my sims and they areonly ones i use.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:19 AM
Oh and i don't really like the way you placed the sculptures on the building
Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:28 AM
Great work!! Keep it up :howdy:
Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 6:42 AM
Oh and, i don't think catacombs look that nice *haha* anyways. great work! *hugs it*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:49 AM
Oh and i don't really like the way you placed the sculptures on the building

Okay, well it's been updated. I can't help you with the catacombs, but I did take your suggestions on the exterior, so thank you on that =o) I think it came out better overall; it's more uniform now. It's hard to do it with the limited selections in the game, but there you are.

I'm curious what you think.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kanidy3
Fantastic!!!

Do you like the changes too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cozmicrain
It looks great really.. I think some people on this forum are addicted to building cheats and don't really understand that something doesn't have to have un useable walls to still be a great building. The outside is nice.... given the limited number of wall textures available pre Homecrafter... it was a nice choice you selected. Its well balanced and well planned out. What is nice is judgeing from the pics you posted it is in fact useable and elegant for a church at the same time. Good job.

ps...

I don't give praise to anyone often.. Should say something to you.

Thank you very much for your comments =oD I'm curious if you like the updates to the style... I have to say that I think it looks much better with the uniformity the new design gives it, which I admit I'd even disliked before. I didn't change the actual structure of the building though, which I think is just fine for the type of building it is. (Thanks for defending me there ;o)

Thanks again for your wonderful comments!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by euroboyPN
Great work!! Keep it up :howdy:

Thankya ;o) *wave*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tarot2
They have a priests outfit at The Sims Resource. The site appears to be down at the moment but it may just be my server having a moment.

I was able to find some on thesims2.com, actually =o) I think they're fine for now. Thanks for the tip, though!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 10:16 AM
its great. keep doing the nice work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimWizard2
:bow2: its great plz i want to download

It's now ready to download, but make sure you still like the updated version ;o)
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:09 PM
I like it!
If I may make a suggestion, in churches of that size, the outer walls are rarely so vertical. The top level is fairly narrow: the Clearstory. It's where most of the light comes in. It's width in continued all the way to the floor, usually by pillars and arches.
The middle level might be 1 square wider - with the walkway *outside* the width of the top. The lowest level is often considerably wider, containing the aisles just outside the pillars, and then perhaps chappels beyond that. :-) I like your decorating!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:23 PM
I think its very good, and looks like you have put alot of effort into it. I wouldn't download it though, but thats only because it's just not my thing, but don't get me wrong, its gorgeous! I don't have any constructive critisim to add.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 1:48 PM
Personally I think it's amazing. And the catacombs idea is great Good job.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Dec 2004 at 2:02 PM
Great work of art! Thank you for sharing it with us. You have done a great job using the items from the game, coupled with your walls and talent to give it the ancient look it needed.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3