Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:47 AM Last edited by AccioJosh : 3rd Jan 2005 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Downloadable!
Posh Vacation Chateau
The house is complete! Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. Here are some screenshots of the finished vesion; the download links are at the bottom of this entry!

This shows the right side of the cottage, offering a view of the detailing on the tallest side of the house. Custom wallpapers add the 'Beachy Keen' paint to the timbering.

On the right side, you can see the teired balconies that offer up luxurious vistas to your sims and their guests.

This shows the rear garden area. The bridge and stair system allows for easy access from the main floor without taking away from the over-all space of the outdoor gardens.

The pool level features a well-proportioned pool with a jacuzzi and bathroom.

This shows the modular stairwell, which run from the pool level to the third floor. Custom wallpapers allow for proper perspectives on diagonal walls, allowing the decorative paneling to continue in the stair well.

A view of the living room.

The master bedroom is lavishly furnished to give your sim the feeling of royalty.

The house is fully functional for in-sim living. The only downside is the landscaping will have to be altered to go from 'realistic' to 'simable'.

Now available for download!
For furnished version (highly recommended!), see its page -->here<--

For the unfurnished version, download from my site -->here<--

It is greatly appreciated if you rate my creation highly on the EA site if you download the furnished version, and this thread if you download the unfurnished. It helps to motivate me to post them =o)

Hope you enjoy!
Advertisement
#2 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:52 AM
wow that's nice looking. How long'd it take you?
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:57 AM
Not bad. But the bushes look impossible. Is there a hack that stops the deterioration of bushes entirely?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:01 AM
whobedatboi It took me a while, alright. heh Mostly in getting the stairs right because I didn't see that the elevation where I was starting them was slightly lower than the starting level for the foundation. heh But once I realized that, it went smoothly from there.

idtaminger I know, but it just looks so much bettere with them like that. It's more realistic. Unfortunately I don't know if there is a hack. I did see one for stopping weeds somewhere in these forums, but I don't know if you can stop bush decay altogether. It sucks =o( Right now the house is mainly for show, though it's livable otherwise. If there is a hack... heh =o)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:04 AM
I am loving that house, any chance of you putting it up for download? I would love to have it in my neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jorenne
I am loving that house, any chance of you putting it up for download? I would love to have it in my neighbourhood.

As soon as I'm done, I'll link to my s2.ea site for download. I'm glad you like it =o)

Are there any suggestions or requests?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:09 AM
*watches thread with an-ti-ci-pation*

I'll be on the lookout for it.

Only thing I would say, is can we get an idea of the interior layout at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jorenne
*watches thread with an-ti-ci-pation*

I'll be on the lookout for it.

Only thing I would say, is can we get an idea of the interior layout at all?

I haven't started it yet, which is why there aren't any pictures. I needed to come out of the game to customize a crown moulding for the foundation's brick wall to complete the outdoor style, which is now done. Then I'll be starting on the interior and will post more shots ;o)
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:30 AM
That's a neat house, but cottage? Buckingham Palace would be a comfortable house for a medium-sized family, then?
Field Researcher
#10 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:40 AM
Another house eh? Well one thing for all. i wouldn't call this a cottage. because when you think cottage you think small house somewhere in the open with surrounding houses. and this indeed is no small house .

OR you could call this cottage on steroids
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:51 AM
Wow, that's really beautiful!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 5:53 AM
*haha* you have better design skills than i do! *hugs it*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 8:21 AM
Okay, so there's more done... A few updated screen shots. Make note to see the updated modular up above.

As you can see, I've done some furnishing and added a few things.

And since this isn't really a cottage, but more like a super-posh vacation home, there had to be an indoor pool ;o)

And finally, the kitchen...

I'll be tweaking it a bit more and then uploading it to s2.ea, so I'll update here to let you know when. Thanks for all the great comments!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 12:26 PM Last edited by AccioJosh : 30th Dec 2004 at 12:28 PM.
Okay, so I'm not sleeping... Why? Because the fact that I didn't use modular stairs to the pool level was really bothering me and I'm a freak apparently. heh Or just an insomniac, which is slightly more 'normal'.

Anyway, I've updated it and I'm much happier with the house.

You can see here that the side of the house had to be modified as well, including shrinking the size of the side patio. For visual effect's sake, I removed the stair as it wasn't really needed.

You can see the rear of the house from the vantage of the garden showing the changes to the back of the house.

This shows the changes from the pool room vantage. Since I never mentioned before, that is a full bath through the door.

This shows the main entrance and the new modular stairs down to the pool room.

And finally, the new stairwell as seen from the loft. *echo...*

I also took shots of the layout for the pool level, the four main levels and the loft, but I won't post those just now as I'm bombarding everyone already ;o)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:17 PM
That's nice *goes back to sleep*
Scholar
#16 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:25 PM
oooo i want it i want it i want it lol
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:27 PM
breathtaking. Absolutely brilliant work. And it has how many bedrooms??? lol
Master Cocktail Shaker
#18 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:35 PM
That's stunning ! Great work!
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:36 PM
Wow! Honetly, this is one of the most beautiful houses I've seen yet...I hope we can all download it soon...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:45 PM
I really want to download it now..... It's a perfect house.... Can i ask something... If you download it 4=3 times will it appear in the houses bin 3 times....
Field Researcher
#21 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 9:48 PM
I see.. I seee custom stuff! :o.. ... ........ i want that floor o_o
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 10:10 PM
Now that you've teased us with this fabulously built Chateau can we have it?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 10:17 PM
*pokes a figure in rib cage*I repeat when? when? when? I wanna have it! Give me me preciouus!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Konecoshushi
*pokes a fingure in rib cage*I repeat when? when? when? I wanna have it! Give me me preciouus!

I hope real soon.

"Smile when it rains"
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 10:28 PM
It's really beautiful. Does it have a hottub room?
Locked thread
Page 1 of 4