Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 9:15 PM Last edited by Ceroshiro : 24th Mar 2015 at 9:15 PM. Reason: removing unneccesary from error log
Default Control Map issues (CTU)
I exported the Control Map so I could remap the recolorable areas on a hair. However, when I tried to import the DDS back, I get an error (below)
I tried both DTX5 and DTX3, and importing the map back in without doing anything or resaving it, and I still get the error. I can't find anything about it, does anyone know? :/

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CASPartEditor.PatternProcessor.ProcessHairTexture(List`1 textures, Color color1, Color color2, Color color3, Color color4)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.composeHair(xmlChunkDetails details)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.bwGenTexture_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Advertisement
Inconceivable!
#2 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 5:28 PM
CTU doesn't work for hair. Not 100%, anyway. If you just want to do a simple retexture (i.e. editing the control), either use S3PE or TSRW. If you want to make a non-hat hair, Delphy has another tool called DABOOBS that can properly handle the different textures. But for retexturing, S3PE is the fastest and easiest, imo, especially if you use S3OC to renumber. I can find links to any of these programs if you need them, but google should pull them up right way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 7:04 PM
Thanks Buckley. I managed to get it in S3PE, seeing if it works ingame now.
Also, is the chat down for you too?