Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:47 PM
Default "The installer you...is corrupted or incomplete"
Hello!
Trying to install of sims2pack cleaner. I checked my version of framework and have the latest. I get this error:

Quote:
NSIS Error
The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed downoad or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED).

I uninstalled it, removed the registry keys as suggested in help forums and tried reinstalling. Same error.

I have win98 (I know, I know )
Explorer 6, SimPE and CEP (thanks, Numenor )

Never having sims2pack cleaner before, should I try to install an earlier version?

Thank you, peoples!

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:03 PM
Did you try redownloading it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:25 PM
Yes. Same error.

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 11:14 PM
I'm trying to install on a new Dell and get the same error message.

I've downloaded it three times, uninstalled and reinstalled. Downloaded and installed netframework. Ripped Norton off the pc in case that was the problem, but I keep getting the same message. Tried copying the files from the old pc over the new one using the thumbdrive, but of course that didn't work since I couldn't get it to install that way. It was working perfectly on my old pc, but I cannot get it to load on the new one.

Windows XP
Explorer 6
No problem downloading and installing CEP I've used this for a LONG time now and never had any problems before.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 12:16 AM
Is Now Installed and Working on my pc
I decided to try and download Clean Installer one more time this evening, and lo and behold, it installed!

I don't know what the problem was, I tried everything, but changed nothing. I'm just glad I can upload now...I am almost ready, just have to finish checking the cc policies.

Oh, man, I am one happy little duck. Ya'l have a great day! - Pet the Duck

Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:02 AM
NoRealLife2,after reading your post a couple of minutes ago, I decided, what the heck, give it one more try.

And it installed smooth as silk, no problems. Again, I did absolutely nothing different, but am enormously relieved to have it back!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cephise
NoRealLife2,after reading your post a couple of minutes ago, I decided, what the heck, give it one more try.

And it installed smooth as silk, no problems. Again, I did absolutely nothing different, but am enormously relieved to have it back!

Cephise, great! Maybe the trick is to try it the next day, Glad you got it, too.