Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 1:26 PM
Default Play a Hotel in my main neighborhood
First, I hope I post this in the good thread.

So, I have built a hotel in my main neighborhood and used the cheat "changelotzoning hotel". In the neighborhood view, my terrain is considerated as a hotel.

After, my sims can went to this hotel and rent a room but it's impossible to save the game in ! It's working like a normal community lot and not like a hotel when your Sims are on vacation, like in Twikki Island for exemple.

The thing I want to do is to save and play my Sims like they are in vacation but in the main neighborhood. But each time a Sims wants to visit another community lot he is forced to quit the hotel and pay his bill. And I can't save or let my Sims in this lot for continuing to play with them later in this hotel.

So, is it possible to save and play a hotel in the main neighborhood ? Did someone else try this ?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:19 AM
No, it isn't. Hotels only work in vacation neighbourhoods. The game thinks it is a normal community lot and is confused.

I always thought that sucked. I would have liked to try running an owned hotel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:07 AM
Ok, thanks for this answer.

It's sad that didn't work. I will use my hotel differently then.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:08 AM
No, and it was a major disappointment to a lot of us after BV came out. The EA blurb on hotels says something like "Your sims want to relax on vacation not work!" Blarg. No one has ever modded it either. The best you can do is make a hotel as a residential lot and use Christianlov's teleporter mirror which temporally moves them in. I have also played a BB where new sims get moved in for a week and pay on leaving. I use the Uni door to give them a private room.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No, it isn't. Hotels only work in vacation neighbourhoods. The game thinks it is a normal community lot and is confused.

I always thought that sucked. I would have liked to try running an owned hotel.

I found that to be a huge disappointment when I bought BV; you can't own hotels or even set up regular businesses in vacation hoods when the entire way I play is based on putting things together from scratch. I was initially excited to have my rich sims invest in the tourist business, or at the very least setting up vacation hoods that were uniquely suited to my hood. The ability to create custom vacation hoods seems like an afterthought, something they threw in reluctantly and with bad grace. It really annoys me that some of the vacation hood features are only available in the default ones. Apartment life had the same issue, I loved the idea of wealthy sim families setting up apartment buildings, dealing with complaints from tenants. The design philosophy in later episodes seemed to move away from "here are a set of tools you can use to build a simulated world" to "here is a ready-made fishbowl with pre-made elements in it, knock them together in exactly the way we envisioned." It's the difference between legos and a jigsaw puzzle.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:10 AM
I'm agree with you, runs and play hotel could be really interessting

Your gameplay sounds really cool Jo. With some mods and imagination we can do almost wathever we want in this game. But, I prefear play the hotel as a tourist and not as an owner. For my case, I will play it with one night or two in, It will be a lot for couples and lover looking for intimacy and privacy.

Thanks again for your responses.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:59 PM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 5th Mar 2014 at 5:14 PM.
In my "blah I'm bored" hood, I have a b&b that I built in the main hood. I use the "sleep on com lots" mod (from here somewhere, want to say Neder but prolly wrong) & the "skill anywhere" mod. The "hotel" has multiple bedrooms where sims will sleep & other "indoor activites", of course everyone will wander in to other rooms to watch but it works. I have a restaurant set up on the main floor with a gift shop plus arcade & pool area for fun.

EDIT: I was right, I was wrong lol...a big thank you to Fran for finding the correct creator of the "sleep on comm lots" mod.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM
The "sleep on community lots" mod was by Numenor himself:

http://www.modthesims.info/d/241797
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:30 PM Last edited by gazania : 6th Mar 2014 at 9:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
In my "blah I'm bored" hood, I have a b&b that I built in the main hood. I use the "sleep on com lots" mod (from here somewhere, want to say Neder but prolly wrong) & the "skill anywhere" mod. The "hotel" has multiple bedrooms where sims will sleep & other "indoor activites", of course everyone will wander in to other rooms to watch but it works. I have a restaurant set up on the main floor with a gift shop plus arcade & pool area for fun.

EDIT: I was right, I was wrong lol...a big thank you to Fran for finding the correct creator of the "sleep on comm lots" mod.

I'd done B&Bs myself quite a bit before I got BV. It gives you a hotel-like feel without the hotel. Maybe I should go back to those again.

I've also done cheap motels with a few rooms. Of course, no one seriously used the main office, and with ACR, my Sims seemed to interpret this more as a cheap love motel, but it did work in those days. I suppose you could make a cheap motel as a community lot business (ACR optional if you don't want "that" kind of motel), but I'm not sure if you could get very much money for it. Time for still another gift shop! (Gift shops .... my go-to solution to poorly-performing businesses.) You could probably also sell art on the walls. Some coffee shops do that in real life. But charging for a room ... doubt you could. Unless "there is a mod for that". (a seemingly-common phrase in Simsland, and thank goodness it is!)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:21 AM
It would be neat if one could set up a hotel in the main hood and pregnant Sims could have their babies while staying at the said hotels, because then we could actually have Sims have babies in a hospital.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:53 AM
You can do that, I've had some babies at my hospital. Again just use Christianlov's transporter mirror which temporarily moved the sims in. The sim is given no memory of this and stays selectable until you use the mirror to send them home. I play hotel, hospital and a day care using it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 10:26 AM
With a few mods, it's possible to run something akin to a hotel in a commercial lot (as well as doing so as a residential lot in the manner described by joandsarah77). The catch is that a commercial-lot-based hotel won't save, while the residential-based one will. It's strange that such things work when running a hotel in the main neighbourhood does not, but workarounds are all we have.
Scholar
#13 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
But charging for a room ... doubt you could. Unless "there is a mod for that". (a seemingly-common phrase in Simsland, and thank goodness it is!)

There is a mod for that You want pay doors from Simlogical . They automatically charge each time a Sim goes through the door in an appropriate direction (different prices can be set in each direction, though for a motel only one direction would need to cost a Sim money), without fuss or fanfare, and you can set the price to anything between $10-$100 per door. You can also control how a Sim is dressed when they go through the door, so if you want to make sure everyone enters the motel lobby fully dressed, and enters their room in pyjamas (for example), you can do so.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 11:48 AM
I have a 'hotel' to stay at which is an unowned community lot. It's a beach lot with a restaurant, club area, small shops, toilets with showers, playground and a couple of tents on the beach. I built that originally for some poor uni students who I wanted to send on a holiday. They can stay and visit for free apart from the restaurant. You don't even need mods for that, just BV.

To run a hotel as an owned community lot as the owner, would take a bit more fiddling as you are not controlling the visitors. You could make them selectable, lower their energy and direct them to a bed. That should at least keep them in bed overnight. If you didn't do that in time they could leave before you do that. Once a sim decided to leave the only way to get them back would be a teleporter. You could make money from the Simlogical doors as mentioned above, the pay buffet from simwardrobe. set a ticket price or work out a rate before hand and use one of the mods that allows money transfer such as Christianlov's wallet controller. I should try it. I already have all these mods for other forms of businesses like my hospital. The hospital is a home bushiness though.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 12:28 PM
http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...Hospital-Births

http://www.backalleysims.com/adults...ld-Care-Centres

Is an adult site, but don't stray from the links I posted and you'll be safe. XD
Theorist
#16 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:54 PM
Both mods sound like they've got their own NPCs. Which, if I'm not mistaken, means that you cannot uninstall them later.

Anyway, I can't find downloads on the site to try them out, not even after registering. There are only descriptions of mods.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:53 PM
I tried the hospital mod and it never worked for me. I checked everything, removed all my cc in case of conflict and still never worked. I don't know if I did something wrong. I would rather use playable sims than NPC's who do set things. I removed it which would have caused corruption because yes they are NPC's which should not be removed. I didn't know about that at the time. All you need is the lot, the sims and Christianlov's transporter mirror. A much smaller and safer mod without NPC's.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Both mods sound like they've got their own NPCs. Which, if I'm not mistaken, means that you cannot uninstall them later.

Anyway, I can't find downloads on the site to try them out, not even after registering. There are only descriptions of mods.

The hospital mod has the download links right on that page.

Er, forget the other one. It's only a description for something that you have to install their whole extra 'EP' for.