Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:07 AM
I'm glad that MTS will continue to be part of my simming experience whether I play 2 or 3. Thanks guys and gals :D

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:17 AM
Huzzah! Glad to see the site's carrying on. :D

(I can't help but wonder, though: what will you do if the tiny percentage of people who still create for TS1 want in too? XD)
Test Subject
#103 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 1:04 PM
I'm SO pleased you are not closing, I have so much stuff for Sims 2, I am not giving it up just cause of The Sims 3. I would really be upset if this site was to be no more. The banner comp seems a fun challenge, should be fun. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#104 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:29 PM
Delphy, this is great news! I'm so glad we'll still have a place to hang after the Sims 3 is released!

One quick question about the logos/banners: can you accept .ai layered files, or do they have to be .psd? I can do either, but it will affect which direction I go with this.

Thanks so much!
Instructor
#105 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:29 PM
I´m so glad to hear the site will continue. Thanks for all your hard work.
(I was thinking on retirement as well, as a player in my case, but somehow something always pulls me back to the Sims. I guess the show must go on.. -and now it will, thanks to Mod the Sims! )

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Field Researcher
#106 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:39 PM
*swoons in a dead faint.*

OMG ... you guys are THE BEST!!! This is like ... the best news I've had today and will probably color the rest of my day golden. If I could reach through my monitor and hug all of the site admins and the mods and all the other people who make this site and the related sites wonderful, I would TOTALLY do it! :lovestruc

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#107 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:47 PM
HURRAY! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SIMS 3! I've marked it down in my calendar and everything! lol
Wiki Wizard
#108 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 5:50 PM
Ok i had a go, this was just a test one, what do you think?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 6:12 PM
So glad your not getting rid of the sims 2 stuff at all. I'm debating whether or not to even get sims 3, XP not much of a fan of how the people look in that game. I'll be sticking with sims 2 for a while that's for sure! XD
Field Researcher
#110 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 6:56 PM
I too, would like to inquire about a possible TS1 section.
I first "discovered" the Sims when Unleashed was announced. I finally bought a copy one year later. I did not know that fan sites existed until Nightlife’s début....same with the ability to use cheats. I missed all the fun! And as I still have TS1 on my laptop and play it whenever I get the chance, I would simply love to have a TS1 section!

And as a side note to comcal, your Sims Wiki banners are really amazing!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:07 PM
I have no doubt the new sites will be just as wonderful as the old ones. Congratulations!
Instructor
#112 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 7:54 PM
Just thought I would pop these in to get some opinions:

I am still working on this as it doesn't size down well to 60x60

Just a thought, an animated version...

These are both first drafts, and I havn't yet started work on the banners etc...

Glad to see MTS will be sticking around after TS3 is released. I look forward to learning how to create custom content all over again

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
sugarfree sugarette
#113 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:13 PM
I was thinking whether buy Sims 3 or not and now, after reading this thread I definitely will buy it. Hooray! for Mod The Sims! :D

"If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing."
Wiki Wizard
#114 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:24 PM
Nice work Ace!! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#115 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetswami77
Delphy, this is great news! I'm so glad we'll still have a place to hang after the Sims 3 is released!

One quick question about the logos/banners: can you accept .ai layered files, or do they have to be .psd? I can do either, but it will affect which direction I go with this.

Thanks so much!

That's Adobe Illustrator, right? That would be fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#116 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:54 PM
Yep, it's Illustrator. Thanks, HP!

Ace, nice work! Love the 3D effect, and the animation.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#117 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:59 PM
Sorry Ace, but animated logos is a definate no no. Additionally I find the colours too bold (think how the site itself looks very minimalist with blues/greys) and it just seems too "busy".

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#118 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:12 PM
no problem, will have to see what else I can come up with

You are definately sticking to the same colours as at the moment then ?

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:24 PM
This is fantastic news, you guys had us all scared there! Phew.
All hail the MTS network!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 10:54 PM Last edited by rnramey : 23rd Jan 2009 at 12:35 AM.
I am so thrilled that MTS2 isn't going anywhere. It is the main place for Sims 2 info and content, at least for me. It is always my first stop. Thanks so much for keeping it alive. And it is nice to know that when I finally get Sims 3, I will have this site to turn to for it. My sims world would be a drab, frustrating place without the wonderful community here at MTS!

--Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.--

** Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain **
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:04 PM
Oh my fucking god! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy with this, I just -knew- mts would be still there for TS3! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeh!
Instructor
#122 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 11:06 PM
I remember the good old days when a screwdriver was somewhere in the artwork. I thought that it was the perfect way to indicate modding/tweaking, so I made the screwdriver into the adhesive theme for all. I've got the large versions if they're wanted, but the 2000-pixel-plus PSD versions are a bit tricky to upload. Below are the PNGs and GIFs

Comments welcome. I realize, the shadows could be improved on the two at the top. Depending on feedback, I'll address those another time.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 12:29 AM
I can't come close to Ace's design. I vote his.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#124 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 1:58 AM
Ace, provisionally, yes, the colours will stay the same.

Rapsheba, you don't get a vote. It's up to the staff (and primarily me) to choose the final logo and designs. If you have an idea, make it!

CormorantEnt + everybody else,

Here's a tip: don't put the text in the middle! I really don't like that look at all. It needs to be a logo and stand out on it's own - kind of like the 4 square + plumbob / ring of plumbobs idea.

Note that you could use a diamond instead of a plumbob. Just don't rip stuff from the game.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
#125 Old 23rd Jan 2009 at 3:35 AM
Oh my God!! I recently found out about TS3 coming damn soon and I came here as soon as possible to see what would happen to this site. I can't express how much happy it makes me to know you guys will expand into TS3 universe... I'll give a try to this logos and after that.. Man! So much things have changed here! I'll try to get used to MTS again cause in a few weeks I may be able to start creating stuff again =D
Page 5 of 17