Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 12:40 PM
Default WCIF a mod to create a pool of 'use these items only' for a my (medieval) world?
Hi there

I'm looking for a mod or something to make my game use only certain items - hence no 'lamps' no electrical stove, no to modern stuff like friggin Neoncolored star-posters. If my game would use only, what i select it to use, it might run faster - at least that is my guess. My medieval world would be truly medieval.
The Worlds I install have as well a huge amount of items, that I don't exactly want - to modern or downright ugh...
Is there something like that? something, that can make me select, what I wanne use or select as 'don't use this!'
And I don't mean: deinstall - I can't deinstall unwanted items, if they are connected to a world I installed or are somehow else 'bound' to a certain pool of items.

Does something like that exist and where can i find it? Apart from downloading every friggin item I want one by one - if I actually CAN find them. (other than in the store)

Thanks for reading and possible answering :D
Seewolf
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 8:16 PM
I have created a mod like this, where modern basegame/EP items are hidden or 'sent to the back' of the buy mode catalogues. The items are not removed from the game itself, but just appear to be so.
Would you like to test it?

Quote: Originally posted by Seewolf
The Worlds I install have as well a huge amount of items, that I don't want

For items that came with worlds, you can trim them down using Delphy's Custard program.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2016 at 7:05 AM Last edited by Seewolf : 1st May 2016 at 1:59 PM.
I would love to! I certainly will check out your Mod!

And thank you for telling me about Delphy's Custard programm. I have it, but I wasn't aware of that function of it. Thank you again
Seewolf

@tizerist:
Ah... I saw your reply to late lol. Well I installed it, but my CC was indeed not visible. I try working without the CC and see how the mod works :D
Theorist
#4 Old 1st May 2016 at 10:41 AM
Ok, here it is. I recommend removing all CC temporarily in order to clearly see the changes the mod makes.
Would you also like a selection of historical toilets, sinks and baths to add to the game? I can upload this also.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/cewcco

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2016 at 2:02 PM
If you could do so with the Bathitems - please do so it is RARE to find something usefull, that is actually functionally. Rare as in: i found only one not functioning medieval toilet, that peasants can use.