Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 3:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Seasons
Shifted lots on every world installed
A few weeks earlier, my sims 3 game was lagging and took longer than 30 minutes to load a game (but my memory space was not even halfway full) so I turned all my sims3pack custom contents into package files and compressed all of them(not in one package). When I tried loading my game again, it kept crashing. Then I removed all my compressed package files and used this program to check for corrupted files, deleted some of them, and compressed them again. Thankfully, I didn't have any problems relating to custom content- all of them showed up the way they were supposed to. However, most of the lots on the world I tried to start with were shifted, as you can see in the uploaded pictures. Houses were blocking the roads and the places where they were supposed to be was just blue with water. Some lots in their correct places were elevated leaving awkward boundaries between lots. I loaded all of the world and the lots were all shifted. For this user created world called Bridgewood, I'm pretty sure, the lots were floating several feet up in the air. When I started a new game with Bridgewood, selected one of the saved families, and selected a floating lot as their home, my sims were moving fine around the lot. The lot was not connected with grass or anything, it just floated in the air! When I looked around the world, some trees, rocks, street lamps and mailboxes were also levitating. I tried uninstalling every world and install them again; none of them worked. Please answer ASAP and help out this poor simmer! Thank you
Screenshots
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 12:05 PM
One of my friend had tha same problem with lots with water recently, and the reason was in the custom content. Did you try to run the game without it at all?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 1:41 PM
Default Reply to Lamare
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
One of my friend had tha same problem with lots with water recently, and the reason was in the custom content. Did you try to run the game without it at all?

No but I'll try. And if the world returns back to normal without cc then should I check for corrupted files or delete the compressed packages?
Site Helper
#4 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 11:00 PM
If the world returns to normal without CC, then CC is where the problem is. You should track down and fix or remove the conflict or bad bit of CC, so checking for corrupted files is a good start. There is a guide in the Game problem FAQ on how to track down problem CC. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 9:57 PM
Thank you simmers! Apparently, I had several copies of the same world. Once I deleted them, my game returned to normal. Thanks again!
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: resolved