Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2014 at 12:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Why does my sims 3 game do this?
Every time i go into the house "Unabridged" it does this, and it makes me really mad because i love this house. It looks like humungous leaves. I tried deleting all the plants around my house and it didn't work. I also tried downloading a CC version of the house and it still did it. I moved to a different lot and it wasn't as bad but it still did it. I stopped playing for a long time but then recently started playing again. I created a whole new profile and family and it worked fine. I've been playing for a few hours, then all of a sudden out of no where, when i rotated my screen the leaves appeared again. They kinda sway/move across the screen or sometimes they'll just sit there. Its super annoying and makes me want to delete the game but I love playing. Please help...
Also I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game..
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:41 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Those are graphics artefacts, which suggest a problem with your graphics card.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Those are graphics artefacts, which suggest a problem with your graphics card.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir3,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.13 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBA31.0061.B01
SMC Version (system): 1.66f61
Serial Number (system): C2QFX016DJLQ
Hardware UUID: 89D9503F-6657-5E63-B8A5-61A746026E24
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th May 2014 at 7:05 PM
It looks like that model comes with a nVidia GeForce 320M graphics card, is that correct? It should say in the same place as you copied the system specs info from.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2014 at 8:31 PM
Strange Graphics Viewing Lots

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=422250
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424991
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405441

Perhaps you are in need of resetting your graphics card settings to default values as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2014 at 11:17 PM
It looks like that model comes with a nVidia GeForce 320M graphics card, is that correct? It should say in the same place as you copied the system specs info from.

yes, it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Strange Graphics Viewing Lots

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=422250
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424991
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405441

Perhaps you are in need of resetting your graphics card settings to default values as well.

I have a macbook air, so I don't have a catalyst control center
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2014 at 11:56 PM
It's not so much of having the control center, it's about being able to set "whatever graphic card you have" back to factory settings to see if it might solve the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2014 at 12:00 AM Last edited by mikey : 14th May 2014 at 1:09 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 4382422, 4383102
It's not so much of having the control center, it's about being able to set "whatever graphic card you have" back to factory settings to see if it might solve the issue.

exactly! so do you know how to do that? I'll copy and paste my graphic info.

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a3
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3571
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Display Connector:

???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:28 PM
Default Why does my sims 3 game do this?
Every time i go into the house "Unabridged" it does this, and it makes me really mad because i love this house. It looks like humungous leaves. I tried deleting all the plants around my house and it didn't work. I also tried downloading a CC version of the house and it still did it. I moved to a different lot and it wasn't as bad but it still did it. I stopped playing for a long time but then recently started playing again. I created a whole new profile and family and it worked fine. I've been playing for a few hours, then all of a sudden out of no where, when i rotated my screen the leaves appeared again. They kinda sway/move across the screen or sometimes they'll just sit there. Its super annoying and makes me want to delete the game but I love playing. Please help...
Also I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game..

my graphic information is

NVIDIA GeForce 320M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x08a3
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3571
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Display Connector:

ALSO I HAVE A MACBOOK AIR.
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:36 PM
The answer is the same as last time you asked. If you don't know how to access the nVidia control panel on your macbook, I'm sure Google will oblige.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2014 at 8:46 PM
The answer is the same as last time you asked. If you don't know how to access the nVidia control panel on your macbook, I'm sure Google will oblige.

not you or the other guy gave me a good answer, so I was just trying to find someone who could actually help me. Thank you.
Site Helper
#13 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:56 AM
I'm feeling generous, so I Googled it for you.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...-interface.html

I know that's not the same card, but the location of the interface would most likely be the same anyway.

(I typed in "Where is Nvidia control panel on a Macbook Air?" and got several pages of hits. If that is not helpful, you can probably find more answers by using the same search. Just ignore the link that goes back to this thread.)

(I also think you owe Nysha an apology, since her answer was exactly what I did to find this for you. Just saying...)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2014 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I'm feeling generous, so I Googled it for you.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...-interface.html

I know that's not the same card, but the location of the interface would most likely be the same anyway.

(I typed in "Where is Nvidia control panel on a Macbook Air?" and got several pages of hits. If that is not helpful, you can probably find more answers by using the same search. Just ignore the link that goes back to this thread.)

(I also think you owe Nysha an apology, since her answer was exactly what I did to find this for you. Just saying...)

Thank you, and she didn't even give me an answer! She stopped replying after she told me it was a nVidia GeForce 320M. And all I said was that I was looking for someone that could be more helpful. I don't think an apology is necessary.