Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 8:26 PM
I dont upload to any site. I creat my own homes in my sims game but the custom content are not mine. If I cant give credit to everyone along with my work then my work can not be shown. I dont have a problem with this policy. There are alot of designer that state where you can upload there work and where you cant. I spend hours sometime days working on one house. Making custom content takes time and effort along with alot of skill. I you cant abide with someones wishes dont download there product. Like I have said before I enjoy this site because they keep it real. To of you that create or recolor I Thank you all for making my sims world fabulous.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:39 PM
I think this policy is wonderful. I'm glad that the mods are taking the time to check over uploads and make sure everythings in order for the creators who work so hard on their downloads. I see no reason at all that anyone can argue that this policy is unfair. You should always give credit where it is due, no matter what it is. And yes, stealing is a big problem, but if we did nothing about it it would make us just as guilty as the person who stole. Any site that gives this much respect and consideration to the community and all the wonderful creators out there will always recieve support from its members.
Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 9:48 PM
I completely agree with giving credit where credit is due. However, I think something else must be done to ease up on those who are using the objects of others otherwise more people will steal rather then take the time to ask. Sometimes getting a response takes a week or longer from some people or the old items of people no longer checking in here.

Perhaps some kinda feature could be added, for creators, to check a box that will show on our profiles what we prefer? I mean if we can share 'hobbies' or 'marital status' why not our TOU policy? Perhaps something along the lines of....Freely use, With credit in post, MTS2 only, Mine mine mine and you cant use it! If thats not possible perhaps a Policy box we can write our own in? It would free up some more time for us to create too

I dunno if that feasible but I'm sure it would help alot of us who create things, specially the lot builders that hang out around here. Creators need to stop being lazy and put their siggy in their objects as well. Nothing worse then spending 3 days trying to find where you got that lamp (or is it maxises crap, cant remember its been to long) just so you can wait 2 weeks for a 'No' reply. Then find yourself thinking, 'It would of been easier to just build them a fire'. I'm not downing anyone as I'm creator and a user and I ask if I can use the mesh/object, however it would be nice to know who made what without keeping 5 different notebooks. Creators should respect their work if they want users to respect it as well. Besides, if a lot builder has to go through the process of keeping track of their object policies then object creators should have to label them properly. It should be mandatory in fact. The high standards sought require it imo.

Well thats my 2 cents worth....

-Chas

To those who DL my creations and give thanks they are much appreciated. Please feel free to use any of my creations however you like. If you can improve upon them then feel free to. Now quit reading my siggy and go sim! *wink*
Field Researcher
#79 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:15 PM
I agree.

visit my site: http//www.veradsplace.com

God Bless
ead425
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 21st Jul 2006 at 10:29 PM
Chasing I strongly suggest to ALL creators- Utilize your signature boxes as I have, fanseelamb has, several others have put their terms of use in there. This way it shows on all of your uploads-

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I believe all questions have been cleared up so this thread will be closed now. Thanks.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 4