Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
I just remembered something else! :D

Among the people buried in Olive Specter's back yard (Strangetown) are guys called Hugh Thanasia, Earl E. Demise and Rigger Mortis :D

I noticed that too! I was wondering if anyone would ever get that joke. Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:13 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet...One of my sims caught a RINGO Beatle....
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustang34
-Retina Bluri= Blury Retinas

that's my fave, the item descriptions can be so witty that I've developed a habit of reading them outloud! my bf however doesn't look too hard, and he doesn't let "Peace of Garbage" free from his laughter...
Top Secret Researcher
#329 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadebabe09
My first experience with The Sims was on Play Station. In that game, the object of 'Get a Life' was to create a Sim that had to originally live at home with Mother. Then, through a series of promotions, etc. Moved out and in with various people, all at the bidding of Malcomb Landgrabb (including his daughter, Mimi if you were a girl or Dudley if you were a guy). At the end, Mother ends up marrying Malcomb. Which would mean that the Malcomb IV in TS2 is a decendant of that union. I have never played any of the other PC based Sims, but in the PS2 version, they did put the Newbies, the Goths and, I think, Michael Bachelor, in as their playable families once you completed the 'Get a Life' part.

And I always thought the Goths were more like the Adams Family, but I do see the resemblance of Vincent Price too.

The Sims Busting Out! I had it for Xbox once. (The first Xbox.)

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telegraphboy
Their grandparents are named Notzo (not so) and Zo (so) Curious.
I forget the dad's name, but the mother was Kitty (Pretty) Curious.
I'm trying to figure out if there are any meanings behind Pascal and Vidcund. Lazlo almost sounds like That's So, but that's kind of a stretch. (How do you pronounce Vidcund, anyway?)...

Pascal> that's all> as so> ask all?
Vidcund> thinkin'?
I got that's so and that's all for Lazlo too... it's like preparation for LOLCATS
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:03 AM
Hey baby, come here often?
Quote: Originally posted by Mirraaj_SC
I find it halerious that the Caliente family tree has a pollination technician as Flamenco's 'Mother' when really, alien pregnancies should replace the father? (I'm talking about in real sci-fi, not in TS2.)

The 'alien' tree really interested me.
I'm probably over-analyzing but with my middle-school memory and a little bit of recollection from the internet I found that Flamenco is not just a word for the dance, but it was also accepted as a general Spanish word for all foreigners, including gypsies who've kept the dance alive. The dance's existence itself was questioned due to lack of records before 1780s...(like ALIENS -I'm talkin' outerspace~)

Let's take a look at the Caliente family tree :
Notice how the majority of the family members' names keep changing its origins,
marking places the gypsies have taken this dance to.
(This implies the family also has gypsy roots.)

Let's also look at the (modern) literal pun "Flamenco Caliente," where most of us would only consider it as a "hot dance."

With that other definition in mind I have to ask:
Did creators intend to do a double pun? ;
1. an extraterrestrial paired with another alien. (What a hoot!)
2. Hot foreigner

oh hohoho
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emma,
This is weird, but when you get a radio, go into options and find Audio Options. Then click on "Pop" and (this happened on my game) there is a Pussycatdolls song, an Aly & AJ song and The Veronicas, I think maybe I've got them on there (Yes, you can do that) but I don't remember having Aly & AJ on my computer. Anyway, if you get to play the song on the radio, it's in Simlish. The PCD song is so funny, and the Veronicas is weird.

Yeah it's cause with some expansions new songs come Just random songs that are popular at the time converted to Simlish. Otherwise Maxis would have to come up with a whole heap of tunes all on their own :P

"When darkness falls hope is a concept broken with suffering."
Test Subject
#333 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 8:11 PM
Gosh I really didn't take much notice of the small details of the game. All this is fascinating. I will be sure to look out for these.
Test Subject
#334 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 4:18 PM
Default Fire!!
If you use the sims2 bon voyage pack, and put soap into the huge statue/fountail/monkey thing, it sets on fire!
Test Subject
#335 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:24 PM
I dunno if this has been said, but the helipad in Apartment Life is called the 'Get to the choppa!' helipad, referencing Arnold swarchenegger in Predator. My family and I had a great laugh over this.
Mad Poster
#336 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 2:59 AM
Alice in Wonderland.

A male Sim that's a prestidigitator (top of Entertainment career track) wears a top hat and tails. Well, I had a Sim out in her front yard, and her cousin's husband, who's a prestidigitator, came running by in his top hat and tails, looked like he was looking at a pocket watch a la the white rabbit, like he was saying "I'm late for an important date!"

My eyes got wide and I was like, what...?
Test Subject
#337 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k4driver
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet...One of my sims caught a RINGO Beatle....

Oh yes, I laughed when I saw that one in-game.
Instructor
#338 Old 6th Mar 2011 at 3:19 AM
Reticulating splines: I used to stare at that in TS1 and wonder what it meant. Then when I went to university I took a course in differential equations and suddenly I knew what splines were! Not well enough to do well in the course, mind you.

I like the Pets EP version: Scolding Splines for Reticulating.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#339 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 7:37 PM
There is a dresser called, "Hold me closer" by Tiny Dresser. Tony Danza anyone?
Forum Resident
#340 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
There is a dresser called, "Hold me closer" by Tiny Dresser. Tony Danza anyone?

I thought it was a reference to Elton Johns "Tiny Dancer"

Hold me closer tiny dancer
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Field Researcher
#341 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 2:15 PM
It is, unless Phaenoh is slyly referencing the Christina Aguilera meme: http://memegenerator.net/instance/9193390

In case no one knows what I'm talking about, explanation of said meme here: http://favit.com/d/yBQ6/wrong-lyric...-know-your-meme
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#342 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 12:15 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 26th Aug 2011 at 12:36 AM.
Something like that guys
Banned
#343 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 9:45 AM
Look in the grocery freezers that came with OFB and you'll find the Freezer Bunny, the same bunny you find in the toybox and a bunch of other places. Also, the ice cream tubs have plumb bobs on them.

The FreeTime computer "Pear ShinyStation" - a PlayStation reference?
Lab Assistant
#344 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:46 PM
I noticed that Gordon Ramsay makes an appearance on the Yummy Channel.
Mad Poster
#345 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
The FreeTime computer "Pear ShinyStation" - a PlayStation reference?

I was thinking it could be also a reference to Apple. Apple/Pear?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
#346 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mackieG13
I noticed that Gordon Ramsay makes an appearance on the Yummy Channel.

It does look like him...lol
Field Researcher
#347 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:13 PM
Well, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, because I haven't bothered reading the whole thing, but:

Some of the words the witches say when they make reagents are last names on the townie name list (which means they are probably also last names of development team members) that were added with Apartment Life. I don't know how many of the names are used by the witches but I definitely heard "Majekodunmi", "Parmeley" and "Macarevich" which are most definitely AL townie names.

This is what happens when you start work on a name replacement mod, then go play a family that has a witch in it.

- VT

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Field Researcher
#348 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 3:32 AM
Since a couple of people mentioned Pascal a while I ago I should point out Pascal is a programming language:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal...ing_language%29
Lab Assistant
#349 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM
There is an old legend about the Gray Woman of SimCity. It is said that one day while the Gray Woman was baking a turkey, she got a call from her long lost cousin and accidentlally forgot the turkey was in the oven. This caused the house to catch fire, and tragically, the turkey was burned. Also, the woman died. But it is said that she watches all babies and toddlers from beyond the grave. And that is why they cannot be harmed by fire.

I think the last part (how children cannot be harmed by fire) is why adults will run out of the house when something is burning with an infant/toddler and drop them on the front lawn.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed that out.
Lab Assistant
#350 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 10:57 PM
Yes, the Gray Woman is the in-game reason why babies and toddlers are fire-proof. You actually don't even need an adult to drag them out - even if the entire house is on fire and every single other sim burns to death, your babies and toddlers will just sit there giggling in the middle of the flames unharmed, until the fire extinguishes itself and the social worker comes for them.
Page 14 of 16