Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2014 at 2:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Lag when clicking on sim :(
OK so i start the game few days ago and when i click on a sim take 3 seconds to open the interactions menu than i click an objects the the menu load normal i have the same problem in the past but it was 1 second and it was buging me at all but 3 seconds to wait to open a simple menu is boring. and i read that the store content is doing that and that i should make backup of The Sims 3 file and delete the original to reset the game and test it the game but the same problem again so is not a mod is not a CC or a SC at this moment i have AMB,LT,GEN,SN,UNI and IP and i have MSS so any help here and i also try uninstalling the game and installing it again
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:03 PM
Rename User Files

It's possible that something in your user files - saves or otherwise - is causing a problem.
  1. Open Folder: Open your Electronic Arts folder in Documents. The location is:
    • Windows XP: My Documents\Electronic Arts\
    • Windows Vista/7 & Mac: Documents\Electronic Arts\
  2. Rename: There will be a folder here called The Sims 3 - rename that folder to The Sims 3 Backup.

Now try running the game. It may take a little longer to load than normal this time, since it is making fresh new copies of all of the standard user files (as if you had just installed). It may also run fullscreened if you had normally had it windowed, and the graphic options will be turned down - that's normal, and nothing to worry about.

If you're no longer getting the problem with fresh user files, then it was something in the user files causing the problem. You can then go in and copy-paste individual folders from your The Sims 3 backup to the new The Sims 3 folder to see which is the problem. Recommended is trying your Saves folder first.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2014 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Rename User Files

It's possible that something in your user files - saves or otherwise - is causing a problem.
  1. Open Folder: Open your Electronic Arts folder in Documents. The location is:
    • Windows XP: My Documents\Electronic Arts\
    • Windows Vista/7 & Mac: Documents\Electronic Arts\
  2. Rename: There will be a folder here called The Sims 3 - rename that folder to The Sims 3 Backup.

Now try running the game. It may take a little longer to load than normal this time, since it is making fresh new copies of all of the standard user files (as if you had just installed). It may also run fullscreened if you had normally had it windowed, and the graphic options will be turned down - that's normal, and nothing to worry about.

If you're no longer getting the problem with fresh user files, then it was something in the user files causing the problem. You can then go in and copy-paste individual folders from your The Sims 3 backup to the new The Sims 3 folder to see which is the problem. Recommended is trying your Saves folder first.

Thanks but that is not helping
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2014 at 3:59 AM
With New User Files (No CC, saved games etc.) you still have the same issue? What other programs are you running on your pc while playing the game? What kind of system are you playing the game with?
  • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
    Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
  • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2014 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
With New User Files (No CC, saved games etc.) you still have the same issue? What other programs are you running on your pc while playing the game? What kind of system are you playing the game with?
  • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
    Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
  • If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

i re-install my game today and the problem was fixed i don't know what fix it cuz i do the same thing before and it didn't help, but i am really happy now :D