Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Seasons
.Package files not installing in game!
I'm really starting to pull my hair out now, as I've done EVERY tutorial and walkthrough to get .package files working and show up in my game, but for some reason they just won't work, and I need help!

I did everything in the walkthrough on here, I created the Mods/Packages folders, and I have the resource.cfg file in the correct place. The NoIntro.Package and NoSparkles.Package worked with no problem whatsoever, but all the other .package files I extract into the folder won't show up in the game no matter what I do.

I have WinRAR so I'm extracting everything properly, I've done this before with both the Sims 2 and 3, I also installed the Framework Installer, and according to that, I have all the correct folders and files, so CC SHOULD work, yet the .package files aren't working!

The Sims3packs are going into the Downloads folder, and they've installed into the game fine, I'm just stumped at the .package files!

Just a recap:

I have WinRAR, and I'm downloading to my desktop, then extracting to the packages folder
I have the correct folders > Sims3/Mods/Packages
In the Mods folder I have the resource.cfg file and folder DCCache
I've tried deleting all the cache files, that didn't do anything
Framework Installer is telling me everything is correct and CC SHOULD work
My game is up to date

I've literally done everything that needs to be done, yet can't get them to work! Please help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:56 PM
So you do have the nointro and no build sparkles working? if that's the case, your framework is setup properly and the issue lies with the other package files you're trying to install. What packages are you having issues with? What patch level is your game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2014 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
So you do have the nointro and no build sparkles working? if that's the case, your framework is setup properly and the issue lies with the other package files you're trying to install. What packages are you having issues with? What patch level is your game?

Yes, the no intro and no sparkles are working, but every other package file I have extracted won't work. I've downloaded package files from sites like TSR, freshprincecreations, Stylist sims, XM sims, all sorts. I don't understand why they're not working, as when I played the Sims last year, I downloaded CC and they worked perfectly. My current game version is 1.67.2.024001, and it says my game is up to date.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2014 at 10:10 PM
Again, from what you are describing, the issue is with the other package files (that aren't showing up). You are using the Mods\Packages folder under Documents not Program Files correct? Otherwise I'm not sure why others are not showing up for you either. Yes, patch 1.67 is the last patch out and there probably wont be any more. Perhaps, list some links to the package files you are trying to use that dont show up.