Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2014 at 12:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations
Default .package setup files, i set it up but it's now working.
I'm new to trying to download custom content and I have the extractor 7zip. I was trying to set up the files so that i can download content and so i followed the step by step process for it and everything was showing up right, I found the framework file and i found the mod and package file but when i went to test out to see if the content that it already had in it was working it wasn't. I have retried this over and over again and I cant figure it out. here are the instructions that followed: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 17th May 2014 at 5:40 AM
I was going to ask if you had checked your patch level, but if you have Generations installed it will be at least at the Generations patch, which is higher than the level needed to use those instructions.

If you did everything -exactly- as you are told to in those instructions, it should be working. Can you post screenshots showing the folders with the contents and file paths of your Documents Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, the Mods folder, and the Packages folder? Maybe an extra pair of eyes can help spot the problem.

If you already know how to take a screenshot you can stop reading now.

If you don't know how to take a screenshot, there is a key somewhere on your keyboard that says something along the lines of "prt scn" Hit that, and then go into a graphics program of your choice. (Paint comes with Windows, and will work for this.) Under the Edit menu you will find an option to Paste, or Paste as New image. (or you can try creating a new image and then hitting Control-V. I know that used to work in the XP version of Paint, and it might work in other programs since that is a Windows universal shortcut for Paste.) Once your screenshot is in your editor, you can crop out things like the desktop around the window, and then save it. (jpg is a good format.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook