Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 7:15 AM
Default Converting LLOD into HLOD?
Just started attempting to work with meshes. Once I alter the llod mesh, can it be converted into a mlod and HLOD mesh by doubling or tripling the faces in milkshape? Or do I really need to edit all three meshes sparately?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 7:31 AM
If you mean can you just subdivide faces in Milkshape, that would be kind of pointless without actually adding detail to the shape. There are other factors too - for each lod the mesh has to match the head mesh at the neck, the feet meshes at the ankles, and if it's a top or bottom it has to match at the waist.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
If you mean can you just subdivide faces in Milkshape, that would be kind of pointless without actually adding detail to the shape. There are other factors too - for each lod the mesh has to match the head mesh at the neck, the feet meshes at the ankles, and if it's a top or bottom it has to match at the waist.

Oy! Was a little afraid you'd say that. Ah well, it'll be worth it if I can get my Islanders in a simple loincloth..Thank you!