Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
Default Crap. Missed an NPC
I recently reinstalled my game. Before playing, I had long deleted the custom NPCs I didn't want, put the amended Downloads in the game, then loaded up a test hood.

Unfortunately, it seems I missed one.

This is a test hood. All the Maxis hoods will be reset using clean templates in time, and I have no qualms getting rid of the test hood right away. I have played no other hood so far.

Can I get rid of the nasty thing and then mass-reset/delete all the hoods? Will I have to do that all at once, or can I just reset as I go? (Deletion is easy!) Will that ensure I won't corrupt the hoods if I get rid of the NPC? I will instruct my daughter to not play anything until we find the answer. I'm hoping that since I haven't played any other hoods, and plan to use clean templates when I do, I will have to delete only the test hood for now and when I want to play a Maxis hood, use a clean template. I've played my test hood for all of twenty minutes. I'm certainly not very attached to it!

If I can't, I guess it's a good thing it's only the one NPC I missed. :/ (It's the Simslice penguin summoner, by the way. It was a good idea at the time .... )

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:04 AM
As long as you have not open any hoods yet then they are good to go, only the hoods you have open with that NPC in your downloads folder is the ones you have to worry about.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
Good ... then goodbye, test hood!

If only life was always that easy. Thanks!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 1:12 AM
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
I wish I could move all my problems in real life into a test hood and delete it.

--Kankritty sees the majority of the TS2 community nod heads and ditto K6ka--

Oh if only that was true. I can't bear to lose my legacy hoods, but my construction one can go.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
I wish I could move all my problems in real life into a test hood and delete it.

I wish I could delete bills in real life like on The Sims using Move_objects on. The actual bills, not just the paper they're written on.

I also wish the random callers in real life offering you money and free things were legit like on The Sims 1 and not the off-shore scam artists they actually are.
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
I also wish the random callers in real life offering you money and free things were legit like on The Sims 1 and not the off-shore scam artists they actually are.

Never forget the psychic phone-a-friends which tell you that "You're a Summer and need to decorate accordingly to live most harmoniously in your home."

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.