Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
Default I get this error thing when trying to install RAR pack
Well, I put the RARs into a new folder in WINDOWS, I click the file and pick install all but then I get an error message saying "Was not able to blah blah blah"

Yeah sorry I know but I have read thought the whole guide to that Clean Installer but it cant help me. I am running on vista but can that be the problem?...*sigh*

is there any way to make these files into a not stupid rar thing install?. I downloaded another pack and it worked right away without installing this program.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th May 2008 at 4:24 PM
i think you need this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...Fracking_Idiots

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th May 2008 at 4:41 PM
The error didn't say "Was not able to blah blah blah." It had an actual error text that didn't say "blah blah blah" and if you'd actually provide that error text, we might have a chance at helping you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2008 at 5:19 PM Last edited by senyoru : 15th May 2008 at 5:32 PM.
Okay...so I have the files in downloads and collections now....it doesn't say what to do next..I`ve tried to install them with Clean Installer but that doesn't work...they didn't show up in the game....

I can post my error, just saying before..my computer is in Swedish.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...ktfreak/yyy.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed something, for somereason they have the same icon as Sims2Pack Files, but them I click then they dont act like it...I wonder why...
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th May 2008 at 5:38 PM
Looks like some sort of security error. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with WinRAR though, and if you have already put your .package files in Downloads or Collections (depending on which they are) then that's all you need to do.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2008 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Looks like some sort of security error. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with WinRAR though, and if you have already put your .package files in Downloads or Collections (depending on which they are) then that's all you need to do.
Yeah, I am trying to figure oot whats wrong. Check my edited last post.

Anyway, I am installing some sort of other program...its taking a million years to download but I guess I have to wait if nothing else works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:28 PM
think I solved it, I didn't have body shop installed XD
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:02 PM
Actually, you already had Body Shop installed if you had the game installed, and installing it wouldn't have given you anything that you didn't already have.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:04 PM
no, I un installed bodyshop before :/
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:17 PM
If you have TS2 installed you can't uninstall just Body Shop. There's a downloadable version of Body Shop that was released before the game which is separate, but it's completely unnecessary (and can actually cause problems) if you have the game already installed.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:14 PM
Yup body shop was the problem, fixed it now
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2008 at 7:24 PM
version isnt an original is was rar packed and I screwed it up so I had to download it later
Locked thread