Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:32 PM
Default Can anyone fix these? (Recolors of Maxis clothes)
Some time ago Sophia_ posted some awesome recolors of a Maxis Seasons clothing mesh: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=222705. Unfortunately the incorrect files were uploaded and the clothing won't show up in game. According to the Clean Installer the files are incomplete. It was brought to Sophia_'s attention, who sent people to the wiki. When Sophia_ was corrected, there was no response. Now Sophia_ "has not logged into MTS for some time" and the files are still incorrect. I'm asking if there is anyway for someone else to correct this. I don't have the knowledge to do so myself. If anyone can do this or let me know if it's even possible, I'd be grateful.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 7:42 PM
The files appear to contain the actual texture, so yeah, you can probably fix them. I could do it for you, or I could tell you how, if you'd like to try yourself.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:30 PM
Sounds like the creator uploaded their projects files and not the actual finished imported Bodyshop files. I'm surprised that hasn't been picked up and the thread deleted or put back into moderation. But very fixable as gummilutt says.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:36 PM
I thought so, but there appears to be some serious trolls in the texture. Can't get bodyshop to make the recolor with it, even though I've re-done the picture-file from scratch by copying parts of the texture to a white background. It looks right in projects-section, but when you import it, the texture vanishes.

No more time to try make it work though, so if you'd like to give it a shot maxon I'd be happy to pass it on.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 10:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Sep 2015 at 10:51 PM.
- Open the file with SimPE, extract the texture, and the alpha if it's changed (right-click the texture, and you'll get the option to extract it). I usually keep a white 1024x1024 texture at hand, so I can switch the alpha and extract the texture without the alpha applied.
- Make a new project in Bodyshop using the original outfit mesh/texture.
- Transfer the texture and alpha to the project files (probably best to do this in Photoshop or similar - copy/pasta the files can sometimes mess things up).
- Import to game. Files can be found in SavedSims. Directly from Bodyshop they'll always have an 8x8 digit Hex number in front of the project name you chose, so if they don't, you've got the wrong files.

I would've helped you do this if the topic actually opened for me. I only get a 'you don't have permission to access this page' message.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 10:44 PM
Mods must have closed it as it's doing the same for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:07 PM
I did those steps simmer22, and it's coming up blank. The texture reverts to maxis. It's bizarre. Tried it several times and nada I have the file, so if you'd like to try it, I can send it to you.

Theorist
#8 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:11 PM
Is this the one you're looking for?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=228234

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:14 PM
Might be that the texture as is is either in the wrong size or wrong colour depth. I'll have a look too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:17 PM
That's not the one Duine, but that's the same creator. That one also has comments stating it doesn't work, so I'm guessing all three of her creations are the same thing.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:21 PM
It are working for me - I think the issue is that she used png files rather than bmps. Once saved as a bmp, it works.

Actually, I'll attach the file - perhaps you lot could test it and make sure it is working.

In the meantime, grab the others before a mod gets onto them.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sophia_testoutfitred.rar (349.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:32 PM
I did convert it to bmp, but it still didn't work for me. Glad it did for you though. I am not personally a fan, but I'm sure OP will be very happy to get them.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I did convert it to bmp, but it still didn't work for me. Glad it did for you though. I am not personally a fan, but I'm sure OP will be very happy to get them.

I cut and paste over the original bmp. Does the file work for you?

Also, do you want to convert the files or shall I? It's a quick enough job. I could do it tomorrow.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 11:40 PM
I hadn't, no, but I tested it now and it appears fine in bodyshop.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 4:55 PM
Moving to Create since this is not game discussion. Please use the Create forums for Create questions.

FYI the thread linked in post #1 is currently tagged but there is no post that states why – I would guess it might be because it didn’t work right, and the creator was made aware of it via PM.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Is this the one you're looking for?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=228234

No. It looks like the post has been removed. which is too bad. I really liked the textures.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Moving to Create since this is not game discussion. Please use the Create forums for Create questions.

FYI the thread linked in post #1 is currently tagged but there is no post that states why – I would guess it might be because it didn’t work right, and the creator was made aware of it via PM.
I'm sorry about posting here. I think I got lost somewhere.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 2:17 AM
Thanks to everyone trying to help. Feel free to PM me if this gets sorted out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
It are working for me - I think the issue is that she used png files rather than bmps. Once saved as a bmp, it works.

Actually, I'll attach the file - perhaps you lot could test it and make sure it is working.

In the meantime, grab the others before a mod gets onto them.

I used that file and it showed up in my body shop. any way you could do the rest?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#20 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 11:35 AM Last edited by maxon : 14th Sep 2015 at 1:46 PM.
I repaired these files and now I'm wondering what to do with them. Should I upload them again to MTS? I can't upload to Sophia's account, of course, but I could upload them to mine with links to her account. What do people think?

Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I repaired these files and now I'm wondering what to do with them. Should I upload them again to MTS? I can't upload to Sophia's account, of course, but I could upload them to mine with links to her. account What do people think?

Since she doesn't have a policy saying one way or the other, and she hasn't logged in for a while, I would say to go for it. Give her credit, of course; they are her creations. I think she'd probably be okay with it. After all, she uploaded the outfits here in the first place, so she obviously wanted people to be able to use and enjoy them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 5:16 PM
I just wanted to say that maxon fixed these and has uploaded them here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=53763 Thanks again maxon!