Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:51 PM
Default Aliens. Aliens nowhere!
How can I get abducted by aliens? I've tried having a male sim look through the telescope at day with 4 space rocks in the garden for ages! Are there any other ways to get abducted?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:34 PM
You have to to it at night I think around 12:00-3:00 A.M.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
How can I get abducted by aliens? I've tried having a male sim look through the telescope at day with 4 space rocks in the garden for ages! Are there any other ways to get abducted?

Space rocks in the garden??? The way to increase your chances significantly is to go collect space rocks. I'm not entirely sure it has to be off your home lot... but it must be 'new finds' meaning not collecting the same one again and again. Get your collection helper out and set it to highlight gems and rocks... then go space rock collecting at any time EXCEPT night (the counter for chance rolls over at night and you need to be at home.). Find about four rocks or so... and you should be finding yourself being abducted. Another way if you're looking to have an Alien in your household is to meet one wherever they may show which is random (Look for their multicolored sparkle on the game map) and to use the Science Skill ability to ask for a DNA Sample... then just go clone yourself an Alien.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:04 PM
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/aliens.php <--for all information you're asking about.
Alchemist
#5 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:06 PM
Why the disagree? Quoting directly from the guide Darkcloudwalker linked to:

Quote:
Aliens are more likely to abduct a Sim than to visit, simply because of the powerful effect collecting space rocks has on this. To trigger an abduction on your home lot, having a Sim use a telescope is a good place to start. The base chance of an abduction is only 2%, but using a telescope that day adds a +13% chance they'll visit on a given night. Collecting up to two space rocks will each add a 37.5% chance to the visit for a whopping 90% chance of a visit. This seems to reset so that you don't always find your Sims getting abducted, giving you a little bit of control over how often it happens.

Alternatively: http://modthesims.info/d/493379
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Why the disagree? Quoting directly from the guide Darkcloudwalker linked to:

Alternatively: http://modthesims.info/d/493379

"You have to to it at night I think around 12:00-3:00 A.M." is incorrect.
Alchemist
#7 Old 25th May 2015 at 5:53 PM
Ah, I see. I think I got it mixed up with this part:

Quote:
Aliens have a chance to visit each night between 12am and 3am. A visit lasts only an hour and a half to two hours. Visits are distinct from abductions and allow your Sim to socialize, possibly befriend, and even ask an Alien to move in with them.

Visiting =/= abducting.
#8 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:49 PM
Do you have the Seasons EP? You have to have Seasons to get aliens.

And get one more space rock. Five is the maximum IIRC.
Inventor
#9 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:02 PM
Abductions use the same time-frame of visits.

Rocks count - to raise chances - only if collected in the last 24 hours.
The same kind of rock is counted only once and it doesn't matter if you keep
or delete/sell them after acquiring them (there are a few ways to do that).
The chances are increased by : TunableRockBonus * numberOfRocks (there's also a cap).

Same for using the telescope (last 24 hours).

And it doesn't matter who does those actions, as long as they are user directed (you can even change household).
Note: using the telescope must be explicitly user directed, if there is a way to do rock collecting interactions
autonomously that would count too (I haven't checked all possible ways but at least for directly gathering them).

Note: rock count and having used the telescope are reset only if there is a valid candidate to abduction in the active household
(I think I wrote somewhere else what are the main conditions for that to happen), so it can be more than 24 hours
(that's the duration of the timer for checking if an abduction has to be triggered).

Most of these settings are tunable with AlienUtils_blahblahblah. I think you can also set the number of members
of the alien household to 0 and then kill all existing aliens to get rid of them (unless created otherwise).
Probably there is also another way to get rid of the alien household, but I guess that's not what OP want. Just saying.
#10 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:04 PM
I would just follow the Carl's Guide:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/aliens.php

Aliens are fun. You can do things with their spaceship and stuff.

Also, alien's grown from babies are fun too... easier at the start because of the meteor thing, but harder because they have a glitch with the motive mobile and moodlet manager - use those on an alien will make them have to sleep, even with full brain power! And then you can't do magic, and all that other stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:19 PM
There are suggestions for tuning On This Page . The path is in the "How Do I Prevent Abductions" There is a link there for the tuning. To make aliens more likely, y set the values to higher values, rather than setting them to "0".
#12 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:41 PM
I, for one, consider it a blessing when my Sim gets knocked up by an alien. Kewl. Aliens never have to worry about money, and you can actually kill other sims by dropping meteors on them. "Excuse me, could you relax her a minute while I summon this meteor?

BTW, I think the Apples = boys, Watermelons = girls gimmick works for an alien pregnancy too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:40 PM
I finally got abducted! :D