Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 3:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default "insufficient graphics capability"
Mods, please delete my other thread as this is a new issue that people might actually read the title and know the answer to.

Everytime I have been attempting to play The Sims 3 lately it crashes anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours. I have every expansion pack an stuff pack.

The message I get is "The Sims 3 has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution" or something along those lines. My laptop is brand new, and according to the sticky'd thread on the forums, this graphics card should run the game well on all high settings. But my game is currently on all minimum settings...

i7 prossecer
Nvidia GeFore GT 745M
8GB RAM
1 TB HD
Windows 8.1

I have downloaded the crash log analyzer. It has started telling me "insufficient graphics capability", so I both updated my drivers and ensured that the game was running on the Nvidia graphics card rather than the intel one, yet the problem persisted. Help anyone?

19 - Female - Australia
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 12:08 PM
Well, I'm a Radeon user to the heart, so I'm not sure about your card but at least I couldn't find it from this list... http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements ...and in this list it's on yellow (unsure), instead of green... http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comput...ogy=0&daysold=0

Also, they don't praise it very much in this thread... http://reviews.bestbuy.com/answers/...=2&sort=answers

That's all I could I find. But as I said, I'm a Radeon user, so maybe someone with more experience with NVIDIA cards knows a bit more/better.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 5:58 PM
I had the same issue, until I skipped installing origin. I know, it sounds strange! But try to reinstall the game and skip origin and see if it starts working for you then! If it does not work even after that, then it might bee the card. I know how weird it sounds to many in here, it was the only way for me to get the sims 3 work, without the game turn grey and also said insufficient graphic capability! Your graphic card should just work fine with the game. I only use Gforce cards and your graphics card looks just fine to me..You should also make sure to update your card from NVidia, from time to time. That is what I would like to advice you to test also! To reinstall the game but skip the origin!

Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Mods, please delete my other thread as this is a new issue that people might actually read the title and know the answer to.

Everytime I have been attempting to play The Sims 3 lately it crashes anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours. I have every expansion pack an stuff pack.

The message I get is "The Sims 3 has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution" or something along those lines. My laptop is brand new, and according to the sticky'd thread on the forums, this graphics card should run the game well on all high settings. But my game is currently on all minimum settings...

i7 prossecer
Nvidia GeFore GT 745M
8GB RAM
1 TB HD
Windows 8.1

I have downloaded the crash log analyzer. It has started telling me "insufficient graphics capability", so I both updated my drivers and ensured that the game was running on the Nvidia graphics card rather than the intel one, yet the problem persisted. Help anyone?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 6:25 PM
Have you checked that your game is actually running on the card? If you just chose the card from the list, the game will run on the card that session, but not the next.

Right-click the shortcut you're using, choose "run with graphic processor", and make sure the Nvidia card is set to standard. If it isn't, you can choose "Change standard graphic processor" and set it to standard there.