Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 7:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime
Default CCs with "Directly-Attached" CCs, always bad?
I've been reading crinrict's article, Downloads that are attached to Sims directly. So, out of curiosity, I did a scan of all my pre-made sims' .sims3pack files. I found 8 .sims3pack that exhibited the behavior described in crinrict's article (i.e., the 'main' .package in the .sims3pack has a "Sub-Type" description, indicating a CC 'directly-attached' to the main .package).

My question is: Are those kinds of CCs *always* bad? Or, are there 'bad' kinds of directly-attached CCs, and acceptable kinds?

(In the interest of science, I 'unpacked' one of the affected .sims3pack file using S3SU, then invoked S3PE on the 'main' .package; it seems that there are 2 directly-attached CCs in there: A "Lipstick" CC and a "Blush" CC. I've tried deleting those CASP components and editing the _XML resource, but my S3SU keeps crashing when I try to repack the set of files, so I'm stuck at this point: Either I try installing by .package, or I just cross my fingers and install the original .sims3pack).