Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations
Default Problem with floor elevation/sunken floor
Sims 3 - I built a house, and tried to move it to a new lot. When I moved it, the whole house and garden etc. is really sunken into the ground, and Sims can't access it at all. I flattened the lot, but then only the uncovered ground was raised. Then I looked online and tried to find out what to do, and ended up doing 'constrainfloorelevation false', but then everything on the floor got buried and the foundations/decking got a lot taller and sims couldn't access it either. So I'm stuck with either a sunken house or a tower where everything else is buried. Help would be much appreciated. (: thanks.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 4:46 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 24th Nov 2014 at 2:42 PM.
If this happens then there is a cheat that you will have to type into the console before placing a lot in Edit Town: setimportedterrainoffset x.xx where x.xx can be any number with positive or negative values. Positive numers will raise the lot and negative numbers will lower the lot. It is incredibly finicky because you have to try a lot of numerical values until the elevation becomes acceptable, as these numbers are not reflected in anything intuitive. But here are some values that I figured out after a while: the height of one step of a staircase is 0.1875, one module of a staircase or the height of the regular foundation is 0.75 (4*0.1875) and the height of one wall is 3 (4*0.75 or 4*foundation height).

So, as an example, if you want to lower a whole lot by one step you type in 'setimportedterrainoffset -0.1875' if you want to raise it by the height of a foundation you type in 'setimportedterrainoffset 0.75'.

Unfortunately the game does not lower or raise the terrain by these numbers when you encounter what you described, therefore it's a trial and error game of typing in the cheat, cancel the placement, type in different numbers and so on and so on.

And remember that when you're done to cancel the elevation numbers by typing in 'setimportedterrainoffset 0'. Otherwise all new lots you place in a game session will maintain the values you typed in last.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:19 PM
It fixed it, thank-you so much. (: