Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 5:51 AM
Default S3PE basic tutorial?
Hey all,

I am trying to use S3PE to edit something in my game, but I can't find any tutorials/guides. The only tutorials are for merging CC which I am not interested in. There are several tutorials listed in different forums, but none of the links are currently valid

Anyone have a lead?

Thanks!
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 6:37 AM
@pakallakikochino, I've moved your thread to Modding Discussion as it was pretty misplaced in the game discussion forum.

Edit "something" is pretty unspecific. Most tutorials are about a specific subject. Maybe Tutorial:Sims_3_XML_Tuning_Moddingwiki contains what you're searching for?

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:20 AM
The main concern is, what are you actually trying to do with S3PE? It is a really powerful tool and can do pretty much anything. Without knowing this, there's no point poking around in S3PE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 9:11 PM
I am having trouble with Into the Future. My sim has earned almost all the legacy statues, but the game won't reward them to me. I go through all the actions of getting the statue designation, but the statue never actually changes. I have gone back and forth to Oasis Landing several times and I only have one sim in my household. So with S3PE I am trying to manually change the sim who is designated the legacy statues in my game.

As I was trying to do that, I came across links to tutorials saying you could edit your sim in all kinds of ways with S3PE, but unfortunately all the links were duds leading to simlogical's old website. I am frustrated that there are no tutorials for S3PE besides merging CC, but I am open to fixing my legacy statue problem in any way possible.
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:26 AM
I doubt you can solve glitches with S3PE. I have never played Sims 2, but it seems that it was SimPE in TS2 which does that. In TS3 this isn't the case.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
It is a really powerful tool and can do pretty much anything. Without knowing this, there's no point poking around in S3PE.

Without even the slightest basic explanation on how the tool works, we simply can't know if there's a way to learn to use it. I would like to use it, to get to know more about it, so I can at least start learning. We newbies feel completely lost and poking around blindly is everything we can do (I do it with mods outside the game). It would be nice to have some kind of guidance. I guess most people who know how to use it needed to learn first, right?
Site Helper
#7 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:40 AM
The links for tutorials under Modding/Basic Object Creation are still good, although the "Start to Finish" one by orangemittens is a download link for the document. They can help you start to get familiar with s3pe. (Remember, before experimenting, to make a backup of the game in its current state and keep it in a safe place. And NEVER directly edit any of the files that are not in Documents. Use a copy. )

I'm not sure it can help with assigning a legacy statue. Using Master Controller to reset the statue might work. (Again, this qualifies as "experimentation." So keep a backup. If something goes horribly wrong, restore the backup.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The links for tutorials under Modding/Basic Object Creation are still good, although the "Start to Finish" one by orangemittens is a download link for the document. They can help you start to get familiar with s3pe. (Remember, before experimenting, to make a backup of the game in its current state and keep it in a safe place. And NEVER directly edit any of the files that are not in Documents. Use a copy. )

I'm not sure it can help with assigning a legacy statue. Using Master Controller to reset the statue might work. (Again, this qualifies as "experimentation." So keep a backup. If something goes horribly wrong, restore the backup.)

Thank you so much! I'm not even sure where I should start looking for those links though. By your words I guess they are here in Mod The Sims? I'll try to find them
Site Helper
#9 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:32 PM
OOPS!!!!
Try looking here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Tutorials

(I'm sorry I forgot to post the link. I was tired.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
OOPS!!!!
Try looking here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Tutorials

(I'm sorry I forgot to post the link. I was tired.)

You're so kind! Thank you!!