Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:04 PM
Default Recolored objects show up glowy blue
So I decided I wanted to learn how to recolor objects... Followed the tutorial here and came upon a few problems, one of which was that the textures I made weren't showing up properly. I reinstalled the CEP, but that can't be the problem because all other recolors I've downloaded show up fine. Here's a pic:

That is the HEMNES mirror. There were 6 custom color options since I made 6 recolors, 5 showed up blue and one showed up like the one on the right.

The other problem I came upon earlier is that there was only 1 custom color option because all the recolors had the same "blackbrown" name. Before, one color actually worked. I changed the "blackbrown" to the names of the colors of the texture and got the result above. Could me renaming the "blackbrown" to something else have caused the problem?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 11:12 PM
Moved to Create.

That's caused by missing textures. Could you maybe upload one of the files?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 11:19 PM
Where did you rename the textures? In the TXTR in SimPE? If so, that would cause the problem you're having because you'd be breaking the link between the TXTR, TXMT and MMAT. IT would also explain why one of your recolors worked before you renamed them all.