Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:51 PM
I don't think they're against CC so much as resigned to it. They know, IMHO, that it's both bad PR and a pointless effort to try to completely stop it.

However, I think between preferring that people be dependent on their store and suspecting that a 'seamless neighborhood' of user quality CC would likely crash any but the best computers, they'd be inclined to mkae it as hard as posisble to reverse engineer this one.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:56 PM
Yeah, the Moreno(?) reflective floors are much missed in my game, for sure.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:45 PM
I mean, I def. know it slows the game down way too much, but by the time I actually downloaded them for The Sims 2, my game was pretty much going extremely slow thanks to all the CC I had. So really, I didn't see much of a difference. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of CC people create in the future. It's really amazing looking back at The Sims 2 downloads and seeing how good the quality and creativity got in the time between the base game and ts3 base game.
Instructor
#29 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
Reflective? O_o I want TRANSPARENT!

he...he..you speack my mind...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:46 AM
I want transparent curtains! I loved being able to see out through my curtains in sims 2. THAT'S what i miss! I hate the curtains in TS3

~Hold tenderly that which you cherish~
Instructor
#31 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:50 AM
Didn't the curtains in TS2 actually ALLOW light through? The ones in TS3 don't.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carladam
I want transparent curtains! I loved being able to see out through my curtains in sims 2. THAT'S what i miss! I hate the curtains in TS3

Me too. I wish we had some kind of transparent pattern option or something for the curtains.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:59 PM
I just wish we had more curtain options, not just a single curtain which fits each window. I like to layer drapes over sheers and like a lot of variety in my window coverings.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:36 PM
I agree. I really miss the sheer curtains in Sims 2. Is there no way to have them?

Undercover Cat ; )

5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:02 PM
Uhm, Antagonist... It took almost 2 years for custom items in the Sims 2 to appear. We've got new meshes for the Sims 3 already and it isn't even half a year old. New meshes and items will appear soon enough.
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st May 2010 at 8:00 PM
You can find the reflective flooring here!
http://ls.paysites.mustbedestroyed....ts2/tsr/murano/
and click on this: millenium-reflectivewallsfloors.zip
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#37 Old 1st May 2010 at 8:07 PM
Thanks nathan, but that's for TS2, not TS3.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#38 Old 1st May 2010 at 9:24 PM
The floor's *aren't* reflective? I had to turn lighting on my game DOWN, because the sunshine made the floors so bright. x_x
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 1st May 2010 at 11:37 PM
You can make floors with high specularity (essentially, shininess), but that's different from true reflection.
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:31 PM
if its sims 3 ur talking about ... THEN I WANT REFLECTIVE FLOORING !!! i have had it on the sims 2 before but i cant find it ANYWHERE to download for the sims 3 !!!! >
retired moderator
#41 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:45 PM
boncat - Go look in the Downloads section.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Forum Resident
#42 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:43 PM
HP.... it's like you're in several places at once.... creepy....

*Looks at HP, expecting her to teleport out*

Anyway, I do miss reflective floorings... but I'm pretty sure that they have been made... am I correct?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#43 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:51 PM
Yes they have been made. I made some actual mirror floors also.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
retired moderator
#44 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 6:59 PM
Looneh - Staff view of new posts allows us to view and reply to threads without actually loading them. It makes me FAST.

Also, I don't teleport, I ride my pink pegasus. Princess Sparklebottom... AWAY!

Scholar
#45 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 7:13 PM
I just found a picture of you and Princess Sparklebotttom getting ready to review the threads. LOL.
Screenshots

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Alchemist
#46 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 8:25 PM
Reflective floors for TS3 here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=431661
too bad it are actually mirrors you have to CAST. And they cause huge lagg on slower computers. But hey, it's a beginning

If you remember me, I'm awesome!