Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:48 AM
Default Reflective Flooring
Is it just me, or do other people miss the reflective flooring you could get for The Sims 2. I'm hoping someone makes it ASAP!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 5:56 AM
Considering I have trouble seeing flooring or it being to bright, no cause I'm afraid it'd do pernimate damage to my eyes

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Alchemist
#3 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:51 AM
I am too. I would love to have the reflective flooring again!! then i can do my house .

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:57 AM
IF they come back hopefully they will be much EASIER to install. I remember seeing people having headaches making them work. I know I did.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:57 AM
Reflective? O_o I want TRANSPARENT!
Instructor
#6 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:59 AM
Why? So you can spy on that sim upstairs while she's getting changed?
Alchemist
#7 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:15 AM
omg! i want transperant flooring too!

and killmur, its not for that reason... i swear *cough*

Instructor
#8 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:15 AM
Lol uh huh suuuuuuure.
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:17 AM
I WANT TRANSPARENT FLOORING that would be cool!

Alchemist
#10 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 7:18 AM
i swear

blame RiBlan ...

and you're the one putting ideas in my head!!!!! XP

Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:19 AM
XD Sorry, but I miss my modern homes with see-through roofs. :/
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:44 AM
Even if you could have transparent roofs you could not see up through them as the unrecolourable ceiling would be hovering under it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#13 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 8:48 AM
Actually the ceiling ONLY appears if you tile the second floor. Unfortunately it would STILL look weird if you're using a sloped roof unless you create a box around the transparent hole. Might be easier with a flat roof.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Even if you could have transparent roofs you could not see up through them as the unrecolourable ceiling would be hovering under it.

I've been thinking about that, will the ceiling EVER be recolor-able?
Alchemist
#15 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan

I don't think so... sadly.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 9:31 AM
Damn. D:
Alchemist
#17 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:27 AM
XD Sorry, but I miss my modern homes with see-through roofs. :/

So you should be . Jks.
(i know i'm slow but i only just read it xP)

actually transperant tiles would be perfect for my greenhouse i'm building. It doesn't look right with an oblique roof. (i think thats word :S)

Scholar
#18 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 10:36 AM
Um with transparent floors wouldn't it be easier to look up a womans skirt?

Instructor
#19 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:28 AM

It will be, just wait for the third or fourth EP Remember, it was the same situation with pool walls in Sims 2, we had to wait for an EP for the walls to be recolorable.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:53 AM
I dare say the ceiling can be made recolourable if and when we find out exactly what resources are needed to make it so. Which is a bit tortological...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 12:02 PM
i soooo want reflective flooring

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:21 PM
it'd be nice, but yeah, I remember what a pain it was to place single tiles, and you had to have larger sections for larger rooms, then fit them all together. not to mention it bogged systems down for some.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 2:44 PM
Some patterns are already shining. Not 100% reflective, but shining.

Anyway, i miss transparent flooring too.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#24 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:27 PM
You know, for a long while now I've had a nagging suspicion. I've wondered if the reason the Sims3 developers made it so much more difficult to make custom content is becuase of things like the Murano reflective floors. Maybe they know that with this ginormous single lot they call a 'seamless neighborhood', if you have a dozen or so rooms- er, houses- full of the kind of complex meshes and intricate textures CC makers are capable of that you'd end up with a one way ticket to BBOFVFS-ville.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 6:35 PM
I don't think so, since they've made the game fuckin' hard to mod. If they were ok with free custom contents, they would:

1-Operate much less changes from TS2. We would be having custom objects right now;
2-Not launch a shop with add-ons for the game.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Page 1 of 2