Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:18 PM
Is Awesome Mod & Master Controller the same to Sims 3 as the Insimenator was to Sims 2?
Just curious as to what everybody thinks. Do you think AM & MC has greatly boosted playing TS3 as the Insimenator mod did for TS2? Are there pro's and cons between the three? My thoughts are yes, the two core mods are TS3's answer to TS2's Insimenator mod.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:27 PM
Yes, but between the whole Nraas Suite vs. Awesomemod, not just MC.
Yes, between the two.
In many ways the TS3 'big mods' are superior to Insiminator because of their maleability and customized automation.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:57 PM
Insim:Master Controller, yes. Awesomemod, I would say is more like the "director's cut" pack of Pes's mods for TS2, sort of - there wasn't really "core mods" for TS2. But as far as the aspects like adding/removing money, tweaking skills, renaming, and so forth, I'd say Master Controller is quite similar to Insim in those regards.

I'd say MC is pretty much all pros - Twallan updates quickly, it's not core so even if a patch comes out you can remove it and still play happily without it, and if something goes wrong or you discover a bug, he's great about helping/fixing.

Awesomemod fixes many bugs in the game and is usually updated quickly. It's core, and while it can be removed, most folks who are used to playing with Awesomemod tend to not want to play without it until it's updated for a new patch. If something goes wrong, well... uh, good luck. Asking questions over at MATY is a pretty abysmal experience, and many of the functions are not well-documented so you can't really find out all of what it does.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 8:28 AM
^If you manage to avoid breaking one of the many social rules on MATY, I've seen Pescado be very helpful regarding bugs.

BIG If, most of the time, though,
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 10:31 AM
Yes, Pes -can- be helpful. More often, I've seen folks asking a simple question being yelled at to "search moar" without any suggestions on -what- they might search for, when they don't even know exactly what's going on in their game let alone what to call it. I've always been treated nicely over there, but I think 95% of that is because they know me.

But when it comes to helpful and kind, Twallan totally wins. Any issues, bugs, glitches, whatever, and he's happy to help. If you have questions or need to know how something works, he helps with that too. I would totally send him pie if I could.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 11:00 AM
If you had searched MOAR, you would have found all necessary information without making threads

Generally speaking, the Nraas suite has a nice UI good for average use, AM for advanced users, and they can be used together. MATY prefers technical "discussions", they'll scream at anything perceived as noob.
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 12:39 PM
The thing with MATY is there are a lot of people trying hard to be one of the cool kids, so they look at each new poster as an opportunity to show off their sporking prowess. Any excuse is seized on to call someone a retard. The noob usually responds defensively, and then the dogpile begins.
Personally, I think they prefer their dogpiling noobs to technical discussions.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
The thing with MATY is there are a lot of people trying hard to be one of the cool kids, so they look at each new poster as an opportunity to show off their sporking prowess. Any excuse is seized on to call someone a retard. The noob usually responds defensively, and then the dogpile begins.
Personally, I think they prefer their dogpiling noobs to technical discussions.

I totally agree... When I go on MATY forums it is because I want to laugh and smh for a few hours at how people respond to simple questions... Just answer and go on about your day... But that never happens, and I end up reading a train wreck as the hubby mutters about me not paying as much attention to him as I do the computer screen.

But between the NRaas Suite (Which I swear by) and Awesome Mod, anything Insim could do they basically got covered... So yeah... :-)

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 2:33 AM
I never used Insim, for the same reason I don't use Awesomemod: I don't like big "do everything" mods. I do realize that AM is like that because of the nature of core modding... when, in Sims 2, I could pick and choose among Pes's mods, I used several of them. I am pretty much anti-MATY, but I'm not anti-Pescado.

Twallan's mod suite is great, because I can pick and choose, and I do... and use different subsets of his mods in different games, according to what each family is focusing on.