Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:09 AM
Default Sims 3 Framework Not Working
Alright, Hello there, friends! I am using my mom's computer right now (this is her account, shhh don't tell her even though she...knows.... s h h h )
ANYWAY
I have the sims 3 installed on my own computed (it's windows 7) and have been on the sims 3 for like a year after fINALLY switching from sims 2.
I've set up the framework and all perfectly on my own computer and... well, actually have so much custom content in and working that it slows it down a bit (my computer sucks)
SO MY MOM HERE FINALLY GOT A COMPUTER OF HER OWN, AND I AM DOING HER CUSTOM CONTENT FOR HER, RIGHT? SIMPLE ENOUGH I MEAN I READ ALL THE TUTORIALS DID EVERYTHING RIGHT, AND IT WORKED FOR ME WOW I'M SO LUCKY.

Anyway, I installed the framework in the this pc>my documents>electronic arts>the sims 3
Actually, i checked and doubled checked that I did it right, and when it didn't work the first two times, deleted everything from the one I downloaded onto her computer, got my flashdrive out, and gave her the file I had (I keep the zip files of important content stuff, just in case.)

Well, THAT didn't work, EITHER.

I deleted all the cache files (multiple times) and everything. I considered deleting the user presets along with it, but I never read anything about that helping and don't want to screw the whole game up.

Only the sims3 basegame is installed. However, no updates have been installed (apparently my mom is against updating, or is just confused by the idea, I don't really know. She's used to the sims 2.)

SO YEAH.

I CANNOT GET ANYTHING TO WORK AND IT IS VERY UPSETTING.

I mean, I kind of figured no big deal, been there done that, and downloaded stuff for d a y s for this lady (none of it is installed yet, of course. It's just kind of hanging out waiting to have a home to be unzipped at), and just. Just ugh.

Anyone have some ideas?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 11:10 AM
follow the tutorial:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Way_to_New_Way

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 1:14 PM
You need to update. The normal framework only works from patch 1.27, and frankly you should update to the most recent patch anyway, so your mum isn't constantly having to guess whether or not the stuff she downloads will work without patches (because creators usually don't test their stuff on an unpatched game).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
You need to update. The normal framework only works from patch 1.27, and frankly you should update to the most recent patch anyway, so your mum isn't constantly having to guess whether or not the stuff she downloads will work without patches (because creators usually don't test their stuff on an unpatched game).

AH THAT'S THE ONE THING I MISSED.
Our only internet connection is through the cellphone mobile hotspot thing, so that's why she hasn't updated, I discovered.

It takes maybe 57billion years.

But yeah, I'm all about keeping it up to date!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH C: