Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 3:16 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Text disappeared, Time Portal animation disappeared after reinstalling base and 10 x packs, nothing working
My game was working fine then a specific family game slowed to a crawl. Nothing recommended on the net worked, deleting all cache files, removing cc, etc. Reinstalled base game, put my saved data back in and returned to specific game, still crawling. Uninstalled everything (base game and 10 expansion packs), reinstalled everything. Game speed fine but text is missing for some aspects of the game. Time Portal from Into The Future no animation. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and 10 expansion packs twice and still can't get this )*&^(^%(^&)&@#$ game to work.

Tried the regedit bit to get text back, didn't work was already at en-us. Updated with en-us anyway, didn't work.
Tried uninstalling Fast Lane, didn't work.
Removed any recent cc, didn't work.

I don't see why it would be the cc when prior to reinstalling everything was working just fine, text, animations, no problem. Then I uninstall/reinstall and everything falls apart. I have spent over six hours now trying and trying to get this to work and am out of patience and ideas. So I turn to you guys. Please don't say I need to uninstall and reinstall a third time. I question if my sanity will be able to take that. Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:53 AM
Nitromon - You are right of course, best to just deal with the user folder to isolate the problem. My bad to follow the EA game plan, which always involves maximum time and pain and minimal resolution. Didn't know the game could run after pulling the user folder. After doing that it works fine, totally clean no problems, all text shows up, Time Portal animation is back, whole nine. So it has to be something in the CC and I will slowly mix it back in to then hopefully isolate what is causing the bug. I should be able to take it from here but will still report back tomorrow.

deviceconfig:
=== Application info ===
Name: Sims3
Version:
Build: Release
=== Rating info ===
GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 4 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 3192 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 3856 RAM: 8119 Adjusted RAM: 7607 Cores: 2
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows 7 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
OS prod type: 0
OS major ver: 6
OS minor ver: 1
OS SP major ver: 1
OS SP minor ver: 0
OS is 64Bit: 1
CPU: GenuineIntel
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
Family: 6
Model: 5
Cores: 2
HT: 1
x64: 0
Memory: 8119MB
Free memory: 5844MB
User: Tom
Computer: SKYNET
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 [Found: 0, Matched: 1]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1180, Board: 26823842, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 9.18.13.4411, GUID: D7B71E3E-52C0-11CF-C94A-8F061CC2C435
Driver version: 4411
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 4040MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
=== Options ===
AnimationSmoothing 1
LightingQuality 3
GeneralReflections 2
TextureQuality 3
VisualEffects 3
TerrainQuality 3
EdgeSmoothing 0
ObjectHiding 0
AspectRatio 0
ForceSquarePixels 1
SimQuality 4
TreeQuality 3
DrawDistance 3
MaxActiveLots 4
NumMaxActiveLotOptions 6
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ah, so you isolated the issue to mods/cc? Before you start anything, I'm inclined to ask though I'm sure you've done it but it is better to be sure .... did you update to the latest 1.67? Also, was your original game before reinstallation 1.67? Remember your mods must match the patch level you are running.

especially with core mods and any of the NRaas suite. sometimes a script mod or simple override will be compatible with later patches, but yes sometimes they break with a patch, and core mods should /always/ be replaced with every patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Ah, so you isolated the issue to mods/cc? Before you start anything, I'm inclined to ask though I'm sure you've done it but it is better to be sure .... did you update to the latest 1.67? Also, was your original game before reinstallation 1.67? Remember your mods must match the patch level you are running.

Yes I updated to 1.67 and my original game goes back to the very beginning. Did isolate the mod and now have the game working fine and all CC intact. Thank you very much for your help. Getting the clean user folder in place was the key to resolving this mess.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:37 AM
Spoke too soon, my new rebooted game is now going into stops starts and pauses. I guess I need to scrub the mods and CC even harder but my patience is hanging by a thread. It's a toss up to what happens first, getting through Egypt or setting my Sims collection ablaze in abject frustration. Right now my money's on the latter. I'll post a picture if it comes to that.
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:09 PM
all neighborhoods or particular one? (some are messy ones)
Have you got corrected WA neighborhoods? (ellacharmed did some cleaning, improved are avaible on MTS) Even if you had them before after reinstallation they're gone until you place them again.
Does any security process (antivirus, antimalware etc) is running on your machine?

I know, these are stupid questions, borned from experience of my own stupidity

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
all neighborhoods or particular one? (some are messy ones)
Have you got corrected WA neighborhoods? (ellacharmed did some cleaning, improved are avaible on MTS) Even if you had them before after reinstallation they're gone until you place them again.
Does any security process (antivirus, antimalware etc) is running on your machine?

I know, these are stupid questions, borned from experience of my own stupidity

Elaine - I just ran Delphy's Dashboard and it solved the problem. Identified the bad mods (some old writing mods that make it faster and more profitable), deleted those and now the game runs fine. Thanks for your suggestions though, good ones.
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:33 PM
good to see that - happy simming then

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"