Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 7:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Correctly Installing My Games, Mods, and Custom Content on an F: drive?
My computer isn't exactly new... it's got 149GB of space. Windows 7 is invading most of that space. So obviously I don't have enough room for all my Expansion Packs, Stuff Packs, Downloads and Mods. We recently installed a new F: drive in the computer. Installing The Sims 3 onto the F: drive was tricky. It did not recognize expansions and stuff packs when they were in the same folder. It took me some time to figure out how to get all my games to work on the F: drive by installing each Expansion Pack and Stuff Pack into their own folder. It worked out well until I tried to install downloads. It simply won't allow downloads. Worse still, no matter where I place my mods folder in the F: drive or inside any of the folders, the game just won't see them. Is there any possible way of getting custom content to work together with my game in the F: folder? D:
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 11:08 AM
You can move your Documents folder to F:, it's fairly easy: http://www.techsupportalert.com/con...other-drive.htm

I would suggest moving all the files in Documents to another folder while you do this, in case you get something wrong - you don't want to lose everything.

Of course this will mean that all your documents, not just your TS3 CC, will be on F.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.