Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:58 PM
Default Modern House
Hey

I've uploaded for Sims 2 in the past, but this is my first contribution for Sims 3. I'd really appreciate some critical guidance. This is an adaption of a real life houseplan, and although I wanted to keep it close, I'm not trying to pull off a complete brick-for-brick copy in game.

I got the original idea for the house from this houseplan http://www.eplans.com/house-plans/e...tml?from=search and immediately loved the idea of the swimming pool placement.

I've modified the floor plan slightly, and (I hope) improved the swimming pool by making a sort of human aquarium effect.

Before I submit this, I'd love some feedback regarding the landscaping, architecture and furnishing.

The house includes: open plan living/dining and lounge open to the pool/porch area. Upstairs, a master suite including bathroom and nursery, and a little girl's room. Downstairs, two teenager rooms/guest room, an office and an exercise room.
The garage is more of a car port, with a lofty ceiling and above, a BBQ patio with great views. The pool is glass-walled to the exercise room, the office, and the carport.

Please excuse the pictures - I've not fully wrapped my head around the controls for Sims 3 yet. More pics are just the click away, should you desire.

Oh, and I was planning to name the house "The Aquasimarium" but I'm open to ideas there too.

Thanks

Ellenia
Screenshots
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:08 PM
I like the modern outside of the house a lot and most of the landscaping that you have done to the outside of it, although I feel that a house of this size commands a larger plot. How about placing the house on a foundation? Also I think you need to add some space in between the windows and the roof, to give the house more height.

I like the tile you have chosen for the ground floor of the lot but I wouldn't use the same tile inside and out. I think you have used too much of the same pattern in the downstairs too. I would use a different shade of green or even another colour on the dining chairs and stools. The upstairs looks fine except you've used the same tile as outside.

How about using Armiel's builders island and a throwaway sim for building on and taking the images?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!