Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 5:06 AM
Default Milkshape in rendering mode?
I have no idea what the cause of this is, but my Milkshape has, in recent weeks, suddenly been refusing to load. Most attempts, I'll get, "Milkshape 3D has stopped working" with the generic Windows debug options. I've tried everything to fix this from running as admin, to reinstalling in safe mode. I believe I need to update my graphics drivers, but I'm paranoid this will effect TS2, so I'd rather not touch that.

What I have found that seems to fix the issue, is adding the files opengl32.dll and glu32.dll from the Milkshape website to my Milkshape directory, which according to this thread forces the program to load in software rendering mode. My question is, does this have any negative effects like perhaps not displaying certain things I need to see whilst meshing? Or is this a good way around my problem?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.