Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 7:47 PM
Clean Installer in multi-user enviornments
I am running Windows Xp with the most up to date service packs. I installed the Clean Installer from the administrative account and it seems to work great in there, however I am having difficulty getting the program to open any files in the "limited user" accounts for the other accounts my system.

When I choose the option to open the Sims2Pack files in one of these limited user accounts, the following error message pops up:
System.Security.SecurityException:Requested registry access is not allowed.at Microsoft.win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) at Sims2Pack_Installer.Config.LoadConfig()

followed by:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2CPackage.Complete(Byte[] contents) at Sims2Pack_Installer.S2Sims2Pack.RecognizeFiles ()

Is there a way to correct this? It is getting really old having to get the administrator account to open all of these files.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:38 PM
Change the other accounts to administrator too- you can have admin priveleges on all accounts if you so desire.