Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#376 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 3:53 PM
Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys, and re-reading the greatest play of the contemporary era, Tom Stoppard's Arcadia.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#377 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:21 PM
Spitfire Girl by Lily Baxter. My local library has been closed for ages as it's relocating to a bigger building and I'm kind of bored with all the Vampire/Werewolf/Angel/Demon themed Teen books that there are so many of lately. So I decided to pick a random book from the adult section in a sale and it's pretty good! Makes a change from all of the fantasy books I usually devour daily lol.

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Top Secret Researcher
#378 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 6:01 PM
The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Forum Resident
#379 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:21 AM
Hollow Fields by Madeleine Rosca
Test Subject
#380 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM
Hurmaava joukkoitsemurha (A Charming Mass Suicide) by Arto Paasilinna
Mad Poster
#381 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minus.
The Tipping Point, by Malcolm Gladwell.

It's on my list to read, although I haven't gotten there yet. I've read a chapter and loved it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#382 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
Well, as soon as I find "Brisinger", I'll be reading that. I think it's somewhere in the cluttered land that is my bookshelf

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#383 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:38 PM
I'm reading an unique and interesting book. It's about a girl's lifestory who had cancer and unfortunately died. She made a blog to help those people who are in a similar situation. The book is written by her mother. Really touching story.
Top Secret Researcher
#384 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 6:33 PM
The Strain, by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It's so well-written I don't even have to feel guilty for reading it.

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#385 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:17 PM
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I've been dying to read it for years and I'm almost finished with it.
Alchemist
#386 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 7:52 PM
"Thus Spoke Zarathustra", by Friedrich Nietszche. I love it to the bits, and it really makes you think about humans more deeply.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Banned
#387 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 1:34 AM
I was reading the mocking jay. crap I love hunger games...
Instructor
#388 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 4:44 AM
@Hladgnnr I legitly just finished the first one, and I;m gonna see the movie tomorrow.

"Why do you spend so much time with your friends? Espicelly when they're jerks to me. Oh! That's right! You don't know I love you." Bella A.K.A Simmer456
Theorist
#389 Old 24th May 2012 at 8:02 PM
The War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells. I'm not normally a big sci-fi fan, but we'll see...

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#390 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:51 AM
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. One of the major characters bugs the eff out of me, but the actual plot is good, so I guess I'll keep at it.
Scholar
#391 Old 25th May 2012 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoeberg
The War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells. I'm not normally a big sci-fi fan, but we'll see...

This - I'm not a sci-fi fan either but I thought I'd give it another go seeing as it didn't cost anything to download it on to my Kindle.

Also, the fifth book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, The Fiery Cross. I've lost track of how many times I've read these books, they are seriously amazing.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Theorist
#392 Old 25th May 2012 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beccapixie10
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. One of the major characters bugs the eff out of me, but the actual plot is good, so I guess I'll keep at it.

I read that last summer. The main character really got on my nerves...I think she was called Katherine.

Alchemist
#393 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoeberg
I read that last summer. The main character really got on my nerves...I think she was called Katherine.

Yeah, the main character's Katherine, I don't mind her so far though. Actually, I don't like the past version of her in the kind of flashbacks to Melbourne, but I like the Sydney version of her. Alice, the kind of insane girl she becomes friends with, really goddamn irks me though. Probably because she reminds me of someone I know who I really don't like, but also she's just so ridiculously vicious and doesn't even appear to realise it. I don't know, normally I like that kind of character, but I feel like jumping through the pages and ripping her head off half the time I'm reading it. xD
Theorist
#394 Old 29th May 2012 at 5:29 PM
The War of the Worlds wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.

I'm going to try The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton next. I enjoyed Ethan Frome, so hopefully I'll like this one too.

Mad Poster
#395 Old 31st May 2012 at 5:00 AM
The Echo Chamber, by Luke Williams, and Mother Love, by Rita Dove.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#396 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 3:48 PM
The Cubs and Other Stories, by Mario Vargas Llosa.

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#397 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 10:59 PM
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers and I'm also rereading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.
Lab Assistant
#398 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 6:55 PM
Just finished the Hit List by Laurel K. Hamilton, getting caught up for the new book Kiss the Dead
Test Subject
#399 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:04 AM
I'm reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett and the Sherlock Holmes novels by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (they're going to be started after the secret garden).
Top Secret Researcher
#400 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:45 PM
Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter, by Mario Vargas LLosa.

tumblr|lastfm

Page 16 of 18