Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#126 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
~~wades into the fray~~

You know.... I love Sims 2 because it was exclusively SIMS... the world, the people, the hoods, the vacation destinations. They were "facsimiles" of real world stuff but weren't really... they were their own unique identity. Simlish.

My first big Sims 3 let down was WA as in the "real world" type destinations... France, Egypt and China not some Simlish places which alluded to those real world places. The second one is Katy Perry. Now... I'm not a KP hater, she's ok but once again, EA has introduced a real world person into the game instead of creating a persona that is an homage to KP. So disappointing.

I've been missing that Sims quirkiness since the introduction of Sims 3.. I had hoped it was going to be better but sadly, I do not think it has. So.. on topic - since I have yet to get SP's, this is one I am definitely going to pass on.

What about H&M and Ikea? Same concept.

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I finally discovered the sixth stuff pack today! However, I am sure some of you might be severely disappointed. It's titled "Katy Perry Sweet Treats." It's the sixth stuff pack because it replaced the untitled SP6 placeholder. Here is a screen shot:

Well no wonder EA is giving it away! Who on earth is going to buy a stuff pack titled "Katy Perry's Sweet Treats"??
Mad Poster
#128 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:21 AM
That sucker that was born 1 minute ago.
If the stuff is nice, why not get it?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#129 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:53 AM
Maybe in "The Sims 3 : Katy Perry's Sweet Treats", we will have a banana shaped sofa, cup cake shaped bar stool or a bread shaped bed

Me back after a long hiatus :)
#130 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:49 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 16th Mar 2012 at 3:10 PM.
After reading from first page until last page...

<----- my expression
Alchemist
#131 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Maybe in "The Sims 3 : Katy Perry's Sweet Treats", we will have a banana shaped sofa, cup cake shaped bar stool or a bread shaped bed

I'd like a bra with banana attachments.
Scholar
#132 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That sucker that was born 1 minute ago.
If the stuff is nice, why not get it?

Because it costs money for the rest of us. And we like our money.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:01 AM
Well, why do people by other stuff packs? Because they like the stuff...

Top Secret Researcher
#134 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 1:05 PM
I just got all the stuff packs off Origins. Took 12 hours to actually receive the codes but fast lane was like £2.50 and another £3. So eh.

I like stuff and I like my money. So my wait paid off
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#135 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
Well, everyone... it looks like EA recently snatched my copy of SP6 away. It's no longer available in my Origin account, even though they said they would honor it. I do have the chat documented where it stated that I would get it for free because of the error. But is it really worth fighting for a Katy Perry pack? And why would they do this? Is it because I exposed it to the community? I was never sworn to secrecy, so I didn't break any rules.
Instructor
#136 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Well, everyone... it looks like EA recently snatched my copy of SP6 away. It's no longer available in my Origin account, even though they said they would honor it. I do have the chat documented where it stated that I would get it for free because of the error. But is it really worth fighting for a Katy Perry pack? And why would they do this? Is it because I exposed it to the community? I was never sworn to secrecy, so I didn't break any rules.

Fight them. If they promise you something and then take it away, you can't let them get away with it.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Instructor
#137 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM
Maybe they just took away the placeholder until release date is closer. Did you write the product key down?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#138 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:59 PM
Luckily, I saved a screen shot of the serial number from when it was in my Origin account.
Test Subject
#139 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 6:08 AM
I just read this from beginning to end. How can I express the feeling? Although the sp does seem pretty dumb, there was still an audible gasp when I read that EA took it away from you! I don't know what I'd do...my heart would say to fight it, based on principle, but my head would reply "Principles? it's Katy Perry, screw principles."
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 7:45 AM
Maybe they removed it because they cancelled the Katy Perry SP?
Scholar
#141 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
Maybe they removed it because they cancelled the Katy Perry SP?

That is probably just wishful thinking on our part.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Field Researcher
#142 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 8:27 AM

I seriously think I'm speechless. I can't say EA's lost me as a customer cause come on, I've been playing since I was a little kid with my older sister and I play S2 and S3 almost every day and I'm planning on buying the magic EP if it doesn't completely suck, but I'm so disappointed. A whole damn SP centered around her? Imagine all the townies running around in cupcake bras and short shorts. *shudder*
I wouldn't be so mad if it had all the big popstars and it had a couple of items and clothes and hairstyles from each artist so you got a pretty big selection, even if I hate every popstar on the radio right now and I'd never buy it, but at least it had something from more than just one person who's probably played TS3 three or four times.
But I'm mainly upset cause they're spending time on making SPs like this instead of making something more TS3 players will enjoy. I hope they realize that the more crap like this they put out, the more money they're losing and they'll start to make things people actually like and fix all their half assed work.
Instructor
#143 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 9:44 AM
Now it's more about what the producer wants. Not what the customers want anymore..
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 1:12 PM
Stand up to them, they made you a promise and they should be legally bound by that (they would be in Australia). I complained to them at Xmas when they were doing all those discounts And I bought one of the compilation packs that they then discounted even further. I just kept pointing out to them that their advertising was dishonest and if they were a bricks and mortar store I would of been there the next day asking for a refund, I also mentioned the Dept of Fair Trade several times. it took several weeks and several emails but they refunded the difference in Simpoints. My point is Online stores shouldn't get away with things like this just because they don't have a counter for you to bang on and ask to see the Manager.
Field Researcher
#145 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
And why would they do this? Is it because I exposed it to the community? I was never sworn to secrecy, so I didn't break any rules.

NO SWEET TREATS FOR YOU. NEXT!
Test Subject
#146 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 5:45 AM
Why would they take the SP away from you? Yes, I know that Katy Perry is awful, but still, they gave it to you. And even though if they would scrap the idea, they should have just reverted the title into

" The Sims 3 SP6 Stuff".

That's just my opinion though.

On the other hand: YES to Bread Shaped Beds!
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:42 AM
Has anyone seen the new poll on TS3.com for the theme of the next EP? Check out the community blog post under March 2012:

http://www.thesims3.com/community/blog

There are 5 themes to choose from and Katy Perry's sweet treats is not one of them...

Alls I can say is THANK THE LAWD
Field Researcher
#148 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 7:59 AM
Somebody on the forum said they will probably still do sweets stuff and that the poll is for the next stuff pack after that.
All I can say is that sucks.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 1:29 PM
All those poll options suck, actually. :/

Scholar
#150 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 2:15 PM
I like poll option 5. Reminds me of my younger days! :>)
Page 6 of 9