Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:09 AM
Bed-making, fixed with the beautiful abortbedmaking hack from moreawesomethanyou. Google is your friend. Abortbedmaking saves your sanity.

The baby lecture makes me want to drown them (or smite them. Thank you, Pes.)
Kids harassing adults to 'dance together' all the time.
Noogies. Nuff said.
SSX.
Toddlers playing in toilets.
Guests who turn up out of nowhere and invite themselves in, without being invited or greeted. I want to drown them, too.
Cooking when they aren't really hungry.
Showering when they're not really dirty.
Beginning any action that takes them a half sim-hour to stop doing, two sim-minutes before the school bus/car pool arrive.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 2:15 PM
this is funny, but i'm having an issue involving that period hack i downloaded. whenever my sim has her period she keeps waking up in the middle of the night to have cramps. then she makes up the bed which you can't cancel. it's not maxis's fault or anything but she gets up some four or five times a night. it makes me yell at the monitor.
Site Helper
#78 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 5:56 PM
Deciding to climb into the swimming pool two minutes before they need to get out. And then deciding that their route is blocked so they can't find the ladder to climb back out. Ok, so there is a diagonal section of wall there, but you used that ladder to get in. It didn't move!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#79 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 6:22 PM
'Help with birthday'. Especially annoying if your sims are trying to get married, and the marriage command keeps getting cancelled by the baby's sudden need to grow up.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 10:32 PM
Oh! I forgot lectures in general. They'd be fine if they happenned at normal times in my game, but it's always for a stupid reason. Like the lectures to a baby that pooped in its diaper. But this one is my favorite: So Fidel was watching TV. Then it broke. His wife marches over and started to lecture him for it! I laughed so hard at their stupidity.
#81 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 10:39 PM
'Throw water balloon at...'

Ahhhh!!! It seriously annoyed me thank GOD for hacks lol
#82 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 10:44 PM
...once again, no one else is bothered by sims when they get bored and slump over and look like idiots?
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 11:01 PM
always wanting to bathe toddlers- i killed 4 adults because they wouldn't stop
bed making
idiots showing up at my businesses not to buy but to have water balloon or pillow fights
uninvited guests entering my house
performing instead of practicing instruments
having to look at everything when they move into a new house
Test Subject
Original Poster
#84 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazyviolet
always wanting to bathe toddlers- i killed 4 adults because they wouldn't stop
bed making
idiots showing up at my businesses not to buy but to have water balloon or pillow fights
uninvited guests entering my house
performing instead of practicing instruments
having to look at everything when they move into a new house

LOL Violet. You must have been ANNOYED.
Site Helper
#85 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 7:23 PM
I don't get annoyed by a bored sim slumping over because it's better than running two stereos, (different channels) two tvs, (Different channels) and SSX3 just as it starts to snow. I do get annoyed about them running around the house turning everything on and then leaving it that way. So does my processor.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
#86 Old 18th Feb 2008 at 2:56 AM
Id say it has to be
1: The baby’s playing in the toilet
2: When they have a table in the kitchen and they decide to eat out side when their freezing >_<
2:“Whats this”
4: OMG snow D:
5: Random water balloon fights in the middle of winter! o_o
6: when "guest" stay in the hot tub/bubble machine for days
#87 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 6:30 AM
I get very annoyed when my sims turn the radio off. Also the "congratulate" action when kids come home with good grades, and the one which I forget the name of where the kids will run to greet an adult returning from work.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 6:55 AM
by far it has to be when they drop everything to go look out the window, like omg! weather!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#89 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 7:46 AM
I'll second everything said about babies and toddlers. I have deleted/locked doors before because I got so sick of looking up and seeing FOUR adults standing around the crib all with an idea to "Hold Youngster" when the toddler is DEAD TIRED; even worse, I cancel it, but its too late and the sim runs off to do something else and leaves the baby sitting on the floor. I have literally seen sims take a baby out of one crib and put it into another, what the heck? Not to mention bathing a toddler/baby who actually needs a diaper change, or feeding a baby who's not hungry (and is now going to soil their diaper in less than an hour). Or nannies who like to torture little toddlers by confining them to a high chair all day (I cannot even have one on the lot anymore if I am going to hire a nanny. Once I bought one to fulfill a sim's want and just turned it towards the wall and the nanny spent just about the ENTIRE day trying to put the baby in the high-chair).

Also when two sims have been talking/flirting/kissing, etc, and one of them keeps trying to walk away every time there's a second delay between the actions. Where are you going?

Oh, yes, autonomous bubble baths. I *hate* those - like men are that likely to take a bubble bath anyway...

A lot of these things mentioned I just about stopped having on my lots because sims are too obsessed with them: any musical instruments - which used to be a must in the Sims 1, TVs, swimming pools, grills, computers (how many times in a row must they check their e-mail?), bars, coffee makers of any kind, myshuno (nobody *ever* wants to play with them anyway) and that bubble-blower thing.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
Top Secret Researcher
#90 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
by far it has to be when they drop everything to go look out the window, like omg! weather!

I agree with this completely; not even turning freewill off can stop them from dropping everything to look out the window!

Here's one:
I just don't understand the "What's This?" interaction. It's a phone/alarm/stove/whatever! It's a waste of 10 sim minutes or more (depends on where that object is and how big your house is)!
Test Subject
#91 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 12:44 PM
Last night I sent one of my sims on a hot date. The date was going along great but then all of a sudden he decided the restaurant needed some help and started to clean up dishes. With a timer ticking the last thing I need is for my sims to waste time by doing stuff like that. :screwy:

My sims have been deprived of a lot of objects that made them too obsessed. Luckily with hacks a few of them has been made available again. I'm happy that my kids can now have a swingset without it becoming the major attraction for all sims to hang around at all times.

I always thought it was rude that my sims would turn off the stereo without caring if another sim was listening to it or not so now I got a hack for that too. But I wish the hack would let my sims turn the stereo ON by themselves since it was just the turning OFF that was bugging me.

I tend to make big households so everytime there is a thunderstorm outside I have to make sure that all my sims are busy doing something - or risk most of them running outside to jump in puddles at the risk of being struck by lightning.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 1:04 PM
i hate the "what's this" action. seriously. they need to get over the lamps or the sink or whatever silly thing they wanna ask "what's this" is for.

check out my story Faking It
Casting call for Eve's Apple currently going on PM me!
Site Helper
#93 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 2:49 PM
I think "what's this" is kind of cute, but they need to be a bit more logical with it. A vampire who climbs out of a coffin every time a new flowerbed or tree goes in is taking it too far, as is looking at every single one of a set of 6 dining chairs and complaining about each one. You have 6 of them. They are all the same. Please confine your comments to the complete set, rather than complaining about each one as if it were the only one there. (Unless you are complaining about the positioning of one of them which decided to go in backwards.)

Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HunterGreen
A lot of these things mentioned I just about stopped having on my lots because sims are too obsessed with them: any musical instruments - which used to be a must in the Sims 1, TVs, swimming pools, grills, computers (how many times in a row must they check their e-mail?), bars, coffee makers of any kind, myshuno (nobody *ever* wants to play with them anyway) and that bubble-blower thing.

same but also swing sets and hot tubs.

What's with Sims wanting to take out the trash ALL THE TIME!!!
#95 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 4:45 PM
I hate guests that come in your hottub in summer and stay there until they burst into flame. -_-; I've lost like three good sims from the welcome wagon from that!
#96 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 8:01 AM
OMG, thankyou for this thread!! The things which made me turn free will off is:
- picking up the baby every five freaking seconds
- ZOMFG, RAIN! *chucks baby on the floor, breaking its leg*
- Visitors staying in the hottub for like a week!
- THE F*&$ING SWINGSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11eleven1one
- a family of eight sims and the dad or mum making a tv dinner for themselves.
- Caroobla naka tiki?!?!?!?!!!!! OWWWW Crabits, naroooooooooooooob!!!
- The toddler cries when they wake up...grrr
- "what's this?!"ing the chair, table etc....and they hold their mouth and tummy almost throwing up, WTF!?!?!?!?!
#97 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 8:34 AM
the one that irritates me the most is the snow/rain/hail thing. it'd be okay if they did it once and were done with it, but they feel the need to do it over and over again, after every action performed, they have to cheer/boo for weather. ugh.

i don't really mind most other ones. i like allowing them to do things autonomously, as i think it really shows their unique personalities more than micromanaging them does, but the weather thing, i could do without. the "what's this" doesn't even bother me that much...i just cancel it and they usually don't do it again.
#98 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 7:10 PM
I hate when they go swimming in the dead of winter!

Is there a hack to stop that?!

Also, I can't stand when they have to "view" every piece of decor they have!

Any hacks for that?
Site Helper
#99 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:00 PM
Check out MATY. It would not surprise me if they had fixes for those.

Field Researcher
#100 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:06 PM
It's either...

"What's this?"
Okay, it's a freaking phone. I'm sure you've had them at your life in some point. Seriously, dude.

OR, like today, when I had my radio in the same room as my heavily pregnant sleeping Simmie, and her husband insisted on repeatedly coming in and turning the radio on. SHE'S TRYING TO SLEEP, DAMNIT.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Page 4 of 18