Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 9th May 2012 at 3:12 AM
I've hosted wedding parties. You need to decorate for it first, at a minimum get a wedding arch. Also, there is a nice chapel lot (actually more than one) available here on MTS. However, I find it works better for me to have the weddings at home. When I tried hosting the wedding on a community lot, most of the guest had left before one of the grooms arrived. Managing the schedule just works better for me with home weddings.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 9th May 2012 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
I'm going to make a blanket statement, I hate Imaginary Friends...

I got my Generations in December, installed it and to date, no Imaginary Friends to my babies/toddlers/children - EA sims or my born in game babies. Not a one.

Otherwise... I like the EP in general. Haven't tried the Daycare profession yet but as I passed on PETS and SHT I got time.. and as I'm also passing on EP7 ... loads and loads of time.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#28 Old 17th May 2012 at 5:02 AM
I don't like the trampoline. I like the idea of the trampoline cause I've always wanted one in game, but I hate how your sim is basically floating up and down in the air. There's no knee bending, no flips, and no way to do tricks (I think a "Show Off..." would have been cute). And the kids' faces when they jump on it is.. average? I don't know a word for it. Usually when I'm on a trampoline I'm smiling or something cause god dammit trampolines are the best.
Instructor
#29 Old 19th May 2012 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sierrakusterbeck
I don't like the trampoline. I like the idea of the trampoline cause I've always wanted one in game, but I hate how your sim is basically floating up and down in the air. There's no knee bending, no flips, and no way to do tricks (I think a "Show Off..." would have been cute). And the kids' faces when they jump on it is.. average? I don't know a word for it. Usually when I'm on a trampoline I'm smiling or something cause god dammit trampolines are the best.

Didn't trampolines come with Ambitions?

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 20th May 2012 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
Didn't trampolines come with Ambitions?

I'm pretty sure they came with Generations cause they're more of a kid object, but I installed Generations and Ambitions around the same time so they could be.
Instructor
#31 Old 20th May 2012 at 12:57 AM
I'm pretty sure they came with Generations cause they're more of a kid object, but I installed Generations and Ambitions around the same time so they could be.

Yeah, I distinctly remember having trampolines before I got Generations, as well as some stuff about how there was a bat under them long before Generations came out.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Scholar
#32 Old 20th May 2012 at 2:08 PM
I bought my copy of Generations for 14 bucks so I think that made me much more satisfied than the folk that got it for 40. I like everything about it - except the autonomous pranks are kind of annoying. Especially with WA and the "hack the corporation" quests. After you solve the corporation quests, the teens that live in the house go down and booby trap all the computers.
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd May 2012 at 2:30 PM
I hate the part that you are sharing their memories because it's just extra time in playing it...!
Well, i love all the features..!
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:25 AM
This is one of my favorite EPs. Overral, I though it was kind of cute. Watching kids being read to, reading about my teen's awesome prom, and bragging about your Elderly Sims grandkids. But I also have a few things that make me mad about Generations. I agree with Kewpie, the pranks are really annoying. The memories thing is, too, mostly because they feel the need to document the most stupid things. Is it really necessary to remember when a Sim burns food or goes to the Art Gallery?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:00 PM
Overall, it's fabulous, especially the prom, it's a lovely addition.

Without wishing to sound indecent, I was rather shocked when I read the 'Snuck out' moodlet for the first time. That really didn't translate well from American English to English English. I was wondering what they were going to do to my poor sim girl if she got caught, dear dear.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:05 PM
I think Generations is pretty cool, didnt plan to get it, actually got it with my sims 3 pets preorder but hey it was pretty cool. I love the pranks and watch stars options. Prom too
Field Researcher
#37 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I got my Generations in December, installed it and to date, no Imaginary Friends to my babies/toddlers/children - EA sims or my born in game babies. Not a one

They come in the mail - then when you check the mail, it appears as a doll in the toddler's inventory. If they play with it enough, it becomes "live" when they grow into a child.
Test Subject
#38 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I got my Generations in December, installed it and to date, no Imaginary Friends to my babies/toddlers/children - EA sims or my born in game babies. Not a one.

I feel like EVERY child I have gets one in the mail. I only let kids with the Loner trait/only children keep them.

On another note about them, they aren't always nice to your child sim. One of my kids was constantly arguing to herself, so I thought she was Insane for a while... until I realised no, she was just arguing with her imaginary friend.

To the original poster, I feel like the features that really annoy me (jealousy system, lifetime rewards that don't work all the time, MEMORIES ugh, etc.) outweigh the features I think are cool (multiple skill learning in boarding school, midlife crisis... coming up empty thinking of others :/).
& The jealousy system annoys me IMMENSELY. I'd rather none than the one EA has in place. Asking someone's sign is NOT the same as an Amorous Hug or a Shy Kiss.
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 8:09 AM
Yeah, actually I don't remember any kid in my game that didn't get the imaginary friend doll thingie :s Sometimes I keep it, sometimes I don't, I think this feature may be fun only for a couple of game sessions, after that it just seems too out of place. How many times can you do the *same* thing all over again?
The memories system is really unnatural imo, I thought that sims were wiser than real people so that they wouldn't make a post about every single thing in their life *sigh*. Thanks god we have all of these awesome mods to change it.

Apart from that, I guess this EP is just a nice bunch of cute items for children, nothing else (+ the life stages of a gnome are really adorable!). The whole idea of it was just weird.

Leave the atom alone!
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 8:24 PM
It's one of my favourite EPs beside Ambitions. Of course, like with every EP, certain things needed to be modded in order for me to enjoy. I turned off the memories and the reputation thing and I'm thinking of introducing teen pregnancies. Everything else, I love. Although I find it a bit irritating when my parents leave the house for so long.
Yes, the imaginary friend is creepy but I wouldn't want to miss something a bit creepy about my kids singing to them. Otherwise, I would die from cuteness-overload.

I love the treehouses and pretty much all the items that came with it. Overall, I don't get EP's for items, but for game play. I hate most of EA's stuff anyway but not in this case. And the sleeping bag is so much better for adventuring than that stupid oversized tent.
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 2:46 AM
I actually really enjoy Generations. If there was One thing I DONT like, it would be the mood swing for Teens. i dont know if this happens to anyone else, but my teen is in a mood swing every other day and yes ofcourse i turned the aging setting pretty high so its really annoying. Also while she's on her mood swing, she would want to stop being friends with someone, or fight and she would have a "Good" trait. *sniff sniff* she's so rebellious! haha but thats really pretty much it. i love the generations EP, very uselful!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:47 AM
There are more flaws than upgrades with this EP, in my opinion.

1st was the extreme autonomous flower giving interaction.

2nd was the creepy imaginary friend (IM). My tots do nothing, they just sing and play with those IM, and when they grow up along with my children, they take 90% of my child's life by pillow fighting with them and sucking all of their attention, all the time.

3rd was the memories. Why can't it be simple, but unlimited like the Sims 2? It's pretty much pointless to have a memory limit, I don't recall Sims' brain can have that limited storage lol. Also when each time they go to Park, Gallery, and etc, it would register a memory. OH, AND, the memory register sounds like a fart. My sim witnessed her grandpa died, she was crying hysterically, then the memory registers. It was like hearing her fart while crying.

4th, the parent scolding ofc. My kid woke up feeling very hungry and it's almost time for school, I wouldn't want him to go to school with empty stomach so I told him to eat. It counts as "Skipping School" and his parent scolded him just because he's, like, 2 seconds late. FFS! Then he got grounded, my God that is so stupid...

5th, Prom. I think it's pretty nice, but when I first tried it, I was like, WTF? So my kid was invited to go to prom by her UNCLE. After the prom she kissed her uncle and they become lovers! what the..?

But.

I like Boarding School and Afterschool activity feature. My town was really crowded, so I sent some of the kids to boarding school.

I also think the imaginative interactions that kids can do is cute. Mood swings for teen doesn't affect my gameplay so much. I also love the pranks, especially the whopee cushion and the shower dye XD

The romantic reputation also didn't affect me much. I haven't got any cheating accusation so far.

The potion lab is so-so, I feel like there's so many objects that can make pots, but should be included in just one EP. Chemistry potion, Magic Cauldron potion, and then, the new Witch / Wizard Elixirs.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:11 PM
I thought it was weird that a sims relationship with their imaginary friend would degrade without constant interaction. I didn't realize my fantasy life required so much work!
Instructor
#44 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:48 PM
I like the things added to the schools, like field trips and after school activities and prom and teaching teenagers how to drive. It finally gives those sims something to do, which is nice.

I hate the imaginary friends, they lag up my game and are creepy as hell. They're nice when it's just toddlers playing with them and keeping their social and fun moodlets up, but I don't let those things come to life.

Oh, and I hate memories, but I've disabled them so it's all good.
Scholar
#45 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 3:18 PM
Since getting Generations, all my sims ever want to do is pillow fight, it gets rather annoying especialy when they want to pillow fight with other sims which I would consider it to be rather inappropriate; such as other sims' spouses, or babies/toddlers
But apart from a few other oddities I like everything about Generations
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 1:16 AM
Default Generations
Personally, I love Generations because I find all the cute little things to make the game experience more fun and life-like but I do agree that the memories system is so frustrating. I also hate how when my teenage sim gets grounded, he/she cant even go to school or else the punishment is lifted. So usually i'll just end up playing the parent sim to let him/her off the hook
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:02 AM
Generations was a hugeee disappointment for me.

That awful memory system. I loved memories in Sims 2, and was really looking forwards for this. The result was a huge disappointment.

Boarding schools? I really don't get this. Sure just one boarding school would have been great, but five boarding schools? People don't pack off their kids to boarding schools that much nowadays. Would have really liked an option like the private schools in Sims 2. In my story, I use the Boarding School as a substitute to the much-longed for college, and send my sims like a week ahead of aging to a young adult(I have epic time settings)l.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lipglosschaos
What do you like? What do you hate? What is glitchy? What do you wish was different? What is useless and boring?

I haven't had a ton of time to explore all the features, but here are my initial thoughts:

General: I should have waited about eight months to buy this Expansion Pack because it is worth buying, especially if you play Legacy-style and enjoy having Children, but definitely not worth the $40 it cost me. I should have waited until I could get it for $20. Nevertheless, this Expansion Pack may not drastically change your gameplay, but it's full of lots of "little things" that enrich the experience- and after all, isn't that what life's about?

Clothes: Most of clothes are definitely Elder-oriented, but they are very cute. I'm a little tired of seeing my Elders walking around in skanky little dresses. No matter how much Elder clothing I buy, it seems all they want to do is go back to the days of their Youth.

Hair: Some good hair here. I like the short, curly hair that looks great on Elder females. As for Body Hair, eh. I'm the type of person who is generally turned off by facial and body hair, so I haven't done much with this. It's well drawn and looks good, but it's just not what I'm into.

Memories: Oh God oh God oh God make it stop. They just annoy the crap out of me. They make my game lag A LOT. I had a fire on my home lot during a party and two guests died because my Brave Sim was lagging too much to extinguish the flames or call the firefighters... all because every single Sim in my household had to get a memory about the fire. Honestly.

Romantic Reputation: I don't mind this so much, but I do think there should be ways of keeping your reputation a secret, and I don't think that having a couple Romantic Interests should be considered cheating. That's what Going Steady is for.

Canes: I love these. I almost always use the Southern Gentleman walk because the Geriatric Gait depresses me. They're relatively inexpensive and don't cause any issues in my game.

Prom: This is sweet, but it needs to be fixed so that they only hold it on Fridays/Saturdays. It went well into the night and my Teens were not back until nearly midnight. My Sim was voted Prom King and he even met his girlfriend there! However, it does seem as though every Sim that goes either gets voted Prom King or gets in a fight. My loner Sim got elected prom king: very unrealistic! He had barely any friends, so why would anyone vote for him?

Graduation: Boy, are these loooong! That's okay, though, since mostly it's just waiting. I flipped to Ultra-Fast and thumbed through a magazine. I thought the gowns they wore were cute.

Boarding School: I'm not sure about this yet. Even though I haven't tried it out, it's pretty straight-forward so I can have a preliminary opinions about it. I don't like the idea of just sending my kids away; I feel like it defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. But, if you need to get them off your chest, go for it!

Treehouses, Sandboxes, Costumes, etc: These are all sweet and generally non-glitchy for me. I like the costumes; hopefully we can get some Modders to do some really cute ones for us! Treehouses are basically the same as those base-game playsets, but still cute. Sandboxes and seesaws are nice.

the best part of this post is the name "lipglosschaos"?? Makes you wonder, hmmmm? what chaos occurred with lip gloss?
Field Researcher
#49 Old 26th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM

my sims do flips, etc. It depends on what their skill level is. It's a hidden skill
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 10:26 AM
Things I don't like:

Memory Sistem (Disabled through MasterController, so not annoying anymore)
New beds. No comfort, no rest, no nothing but price. They cost a lot of money and they're crap. How are they called? Two-story beds? I hope I could stick whatever single bed over another to make the same, instead of having those (again) crappy beds.
EP being so Children-oriented. Most of the changes were oriented only to toddlers-childs. People who don't really enjoy playing these (Such as me), had the feeling of "Something is lacking here..."
Imaginary friends. Creepy, and crappy. I don't feel the need of having a hard-to-get sim with some useless occult trait.
As many of you: Love rep. And I also hate to cheat on some Sim in perfect privacy, and getting everyone to know INSTANTLY. I mean, where do they have the freaking cameras? :/

Things I do like:

New interactions: I mean, who didn't climb on the sofa and pretended it was a car? Who didn't play (or ever wanted, if not) in a tree house? Playing pranks has to be the very most awesome addition EVER. Woo-hoo in a tree house? so the kid comes later and asks "Mom, are these your panties?"
New toys: Enough of the chubby rocket. We wanted costumes, a sand box, a tree house.
New children room decor: It was about time.
Having teen sims to learn how to drive. No more get the car and go. Want a car ride? Work it, dude.
Canes: Man, these give Elders some "Feel like a sir" look. Add monocles and you can die with style.
Graduation: Wow! A ceremony for those simmies having a kick into adulthood! I'm just glad that moment in life gets a proper interaction. Throw that title!
The graduation party: Even if from the many teen simmies I played, only one got the chance to even know about it. Just having a party, with some important person, and maybe meeting your love interest makes it a great addition. Oddly enough, that sim who got to the party was invited by her aunt. Crazy to have your aunt as your girlfriend.
Toddler and child default EA clothes. Most of it is unisex, and as even their faces are very similar, you need to set a proper haircut to be sure if a child is a boy or a girl. Specially girls can be very "boy-ish" during childhood, and this wasn't so well rounded in this EP.

That's what I remember so far. There may be more on each side, but are surely minor things.

EDIT:

TEEN HUMOR CHANGES.
Love them. Love my teenagers want to engage in a fight, and playing pranks, and being rebel in general. Staying late night, playing pranks at school, breaking entire relationships with close friends... this is so real life-ish. Before these, teen sims were so perfect kids...
Page 2 of 3