Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:05 PM
Default big family ?
Hello everyone!

I was thinking about creating a big family and I was wondering after creating the maximum number of sims for one house, can my sims still make babies ?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM Last edited by Simmer9761 : 15th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typos FTW
No, only a maximum of 8 Sims, no matter what age. But, there are some mods to increase this.

"I love you, but I've had too many meatballs!"
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:14 PM
not unless you download a hack. i think is at least one on this site. or use the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then shift-click on your sim, and spawn the tombsone of l and d, click on that, and click (with the mother selected) simulate genetic merger with... 'name of father' i dont know if this works though, you should hear the chimes if it does

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:38 PM
Thanks for replying! What are the names of those cheats ?

by the way I'm not sure the cheat boolprop is what I'm looking for, I looked for informations about it and there was no mention of the possibility of having more sims in one house. =/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 10:40 PM
Also, does it work this way with Sims 3 ?
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:01 PM
Can't say about Sims 3 as I don't have it (and not planning to get it yet) but I found out that even without a larger households mod you can try for a baby until your household has 10 sims in it (or 9 with one pregnant) in Sims 2.

Beyond that it's not possible without a mod of some kind, unless you spawn the Tombstone of L & D (as Amyandmia mentioned). That WILL override the maximum sim limit.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:19 PM
10 sims in one house? I'm lost now, wasn't it 8 ? 10 would be good, 8 is not enough.
Scholar
#8 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:29 PM
I thought it was 8 myself, UNTIL I clicked on a couple relaxing on a bed in what I thought was a full house and noticed the action "Try for Baby" was there. It worked, baby was born, making 9, and I was still able to do the same again.
Once baby 2 was born, making 10, the option disappeared.

However, once Grandad (who was living with the family) died, dropping the number of sims back down to 9, the option re-appeared.

Inventor
#9 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:32 PM
Then you must have a hack, Selly, because in Sims2 it is 8 sims per household. Maybe you can get your sim pregnant, but it could very well be that the birth won't take place before some other Sim leaves the household then.
Scholar
#10 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:34 PM
My sim desires to have 10 children, 8-2=6 sim spots for kids. That means doing a lot of shipping out of house. I want to reach this goal to see how many they want after this. Sadly my computer dosn't like more then a dozen sims on site. If you ever had pesky neighbors you can't get rid of you know what i mean.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:48 PM
Has anyone tried what Selly did ?
Scholar
#12 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
Then you must have a hack, Selly, because in Sims2 it is 8 sims per household. Maybe you can get your sim pregnant, but it could very well be that the birth won't take place before some other Sim leaves the household then.

I do have a hack in now, though I only use it in one house, but I didn't have anything that modified the maximum sim limit at the time I'm basing these observations on.
No sim left the house at any point while I was playing that lot, and the babies were born normally.

Even with the hack I have now I can't add to an already "full" household (ie 8 sims already there) unless it's by birth.

I could always try removing my hacks completely and testing it that way

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 1:35 AM
what's the hack you have now ?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 3:25 AM
i think being able to have ten sims is actually a pets glitch where the empty pet slots are registered as people slots..

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Instructor
#15 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 3:52 AM
My Sims often have more than 10 kids...but I move the older ones away to University. This makes the space I need for new simlings, in the household.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 4:33 AM
That's what I was going to say, ship 'em off to college. And if your Sim keeps having twins, that's more kids they can ship off at once.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:36 AM
Since it has been asked many times here is a link to such a mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:04 PM
The link in Garambola's post is the one I have now EnchantingMystery

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

I don't have any expansions, this mod can't work for me ! this is killing me! I've been wanting to make a BIG family since the first time I played Sims 2, like a month after it came out in stores!!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 7:50 PM
This is what I use:

Lot Full Of Sims
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EnchantingMystery
I don't have any expansions, this mod can't work for me ! this is killing me! I've been wanting to make a BIG family since the first time I played Sims 2, like a month after it came out in stores!!

Maybe this thread will help you

Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:45 PM
I read the whole thread and couldn't find what I'm looking for,Selly, they're always talking about the same hack that don't work when you only have the base game. I'll try the Lof Full of Sims that zumppe proposed, but I'm sure I'll mess everything up!
Scholar
#23 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:33 PM
There was one comment from someone who got it working with the base game, but the icons didn't go into columns like in the screenshot.
Anyway, hope Jordi's Lot Full Of Sims works for you. Good luck

Field Researcher
#24 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 9:45 PM
I have all EP:s and SP:s (well I don't have M&G installed atm), but there doesn't seem to be any EP requirements for Ancienthighway's LFoS... or at least I couldn't find any. Of course you could ask AH... or just try it (make sure to back up your game first, at least that's what I always do before adding any CC).

I love big families, so this mod has been essential to me.

(When your sim asks somebody to move in when the household already is at the normal limit, you'll get the usual dialog box saying they can't move in 'cause they're too many already... but they'll move in anyway. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 11:33 PM
Well, there's a list of the sims games you need to have for this to work : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640
So, I'm pretty sure it won't work!