Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 3:10 AM
Default Why can't I change the eyelash color?
I thought I would be able to create some tintable mascara using a facemask, but the lashes always stay black.

I figured it might be a problem with the face overlay layering over the makeup, so I tried making a default replacement for the facial overlay itself with a different color in the eyelash region, but it still doesnt change. Changes to the alpha do show up however.

Is there something I am missing? Does the color come from some other texture? Thank you.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 11:34 AM
it probably does, few creations got their textures overruled by another one.
I am facing the same troubles with both the simbots.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lavsm
I thought I would be able to create some tintable mascara using a facemask, but the lashes always stay black.

I figured it might be a problem with the face overlay layering over the makeup, so I tried making a default replacement for the facial overlay itself with a different color in the eyelash region, but it still doesnt change. Changes to the alpha do show up however.

Is there something I am missing? Does the color come from some other texture? Thank you.

I have also been trying to figure out a way to change the eyelash color. There is a file called amFaceEyelashes_d - maybe editing this will help?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2011 at 4:12 AM
I tried changing the amFaceEyelashes_d file, but didn't see any difference. I wonder if the color problem has something to do with the TXTC files (which I know nothing about--are they even editable?).