Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:33 AM
Body/Work Shop ...a little confused
I once (upon a time ago) new the basics for Body Shop in Sims 2 and decided to give my hand at Sims 3. I just never realized I was so behind on times and apparently Sims3 doesn't have a Body Shop..?

I've been snooping around this forum for a few days as well as doing a bit of googling and I've come to two conclusions. I need Work Shop and sliders. But for the life of me, I have no idea what either of them are or what purpose they'll serve.

I was wondering if there was any tutorials that gives the basic run down of what you need and what to do to make a custom sim in Sims3 and if anyone can point me in the right direction to find it/them. I've searched high and low and can't find a thing, I know I'm just missing it. Also, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, does anyone know of any little blurbs that fully explains the whole custom shabang for Sims3 -- because so far, all I've got is that it's nothing like Sims 2.

Please and Thank you!!
(Also, if I put this in the wrong spot. I'm so sorry. I'll remove it and place it in the right spot )
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:02 AM Last edited by whiterider : 17th Nov 2011 at 2:40 PM.
I assume that by workshop you mean TSR Workshop. If so, you don't need it to create custom sims - custom sims are created in CAS.

As far as sliders go, download 'em, stick 'em in Mods/Packages (Game Help:TS3 Custom Contentwiki). As for what they are, well... they're sliders. Just like the default sliders in CAS, except they change different features.
Make sure you have an extra sliders mod (Sims 3 Content List:Game Mods and Hackswiki) so that you can use custom sliders - and you may want to set up increased slider range, too, so you can make more extreme changes.

That's about it, really. From there you just screw around with sliders in CAS until your hair falls out (can ya tell I'm not a sim-maker?).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:17 AM
BTW, there's a couple tutorials here that will be helpful in making sims, and will tell you what's essential to get, what's not essential but still useful, and lots of tips and tricks: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=636

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.