Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pleasantview Recreation

by Elias943 Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 5:45 PM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 6:26 PM by Elias943

333 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 285 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 14
Test Subject
#301 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:51 PM
I download it when you have maked the original households because i dont know nothing about Pleasantview.

Sorry for my bad english..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#302 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 5:31 AM
Are the lots included??? Please REPLY.... ASAP!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#303 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 5:40 AM
Love this! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#304 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 10:12 PM
Thank you so much for this!! I am so excited now to fill it up with the old families! It will be such a nice trip back in time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#305 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 3:55 PM
This makes me so happy! I love Sunset Valley but even more so I love the TS2 Pleasant view the way it was supposed to be. I missed the Broke house and all those other little houses that made up the area.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#306 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 1:23 AM
Can't get this to work. Very disappointing. I've tried putting it (pleasantView.sims3) in my Documents>EA>Sims3>Saves folder, but nothing. Shame.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#307 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 1:47 PM
Absolutely amazing, I missed the Pleasant house so much!
Test Subject
#308 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:15 PM
kattesnoet: "Charming Firewaller: download all 3 parts, extract nr1.It will ask for number 2.
You can look foor it by clicking on the button,than select it and click OK.It will ask for part3...so do the same again for this part and then you'll get the real file.

Succes!"

Success my ass! I did everything you mentioned in here.....it didnt work! Try to make it more specific next time!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#309 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 7:03 AM
Is there a way to actually install this world into the game or just play from the save file?
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 1:45 AM
This is a superb recreation of Pleasantview for sims 3. I'm really picky and I checked out everything and only made one change (the built arch at the Goth house I changed to a marital arch in game)

The attention to detail is fantastic and I have been overcome with a wave of nostalgia. Thanks so much for doing all the work so we don't have to.

Living high contrast
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#311 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 5:39 AM
Wow...
This is great and I don't know how I've missed this up till now, I've been giving makeovers to all of the returning sims to look like their original Sims 2 counterparts and this world is perfect for them.

Thanks so much for the wonderful job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#312 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:27 PM
this is amazing i can't wait for someone to add the population i'm too lazy with cas these days it was fun up first but now it's just boring and when someone does make the population please bring bella back!
Test Subject
#313 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 11:56 PM
I would love to have this world with the population! Please PM me if this ever happens.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#314 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 6:11 PM
спасибо, автор! разницы с Сансетом на скриншотах не вижу - по-моему, просто лоты местами сменились. но так как в симс2 я не играю принципиально - очень интересно будет попробовать этот городок!
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 2:21 PM
@Elias943
Is this the same as Pleasantview Sims 3 v2?
If so, the Pleasantview Sims 3 v2 has issues: when you try to create a lot in edit town there are a few areas that state "Can not place on lot"(in which there in no lot placed yet) , and "Can not place on non-rotating terrain".
Also in the town, I believe it is where the 2 sections between the PleasantView Plaza and the fire station (keep in mind deleted the houses/lots there) you can place a lot 40x40 in the middle of the road, next to the intersection.
If all the original sims are to be placed back in to the town such as the goth family etc. if the people that never played Sims 2 PleasantView, How do they know which Sims goes into which house (for Originality purpose)? Is there a link or map that explains Where each sims goes?
PS. thank you for your hard work on this map etc. Kuddos!

Conducting Parallel Simulated Fantasy Experiments
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#316 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 6:24 PM
I Am Legitimately Crying This Is Amazing Oh My God Helluva Hacienda I've Missed You So My Favorite Lot Ever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#317 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 2:00 AM
Thank you! Brings back so many Sims2 memories.
Test Subject
#318 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:31 AM
Hi, I just tried downloading this twice with WinRAR. I opened them, part one, then 2 then 3, it gave me a pleasentview file PleasentView.sims3 I placed it in documents/ea/sims3/saves and nothing shows up I looked at my saves and it isnt here. Makes me sad. I was so looking forward to it!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#319 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:02 PM
Thank you so much, ı like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#320 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 10:04 PM
Thank you very much. It is a great job! Wonderfu word.
Test Subject
#321 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aktnlive
Hi, I just tried downloading this twice with WinRAR. I opened them, part one, then 2 then 3, it gave me a pleasentview file PleasentView.sims3 I placed it in documents/ea/sims3/saves and nothing shows up I looked at my saves and it isnt here. Makes me sad. I was so looking forward to it!!

I do believe that you must install this via the Launcher as you would any other world, not as a save file.
Test Subject
#322 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 11:01 AM
can you make it as a single file, because my pc has troble handling multipart .rar files

system specs.
processor: intel pentium IV 3 ghz
hard disk: 111GB
RAM: 2 GB

Thats all i know
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#323 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 9:42 PM
When I unstuffed the files I got a .sims3 file which I put into my saves folder. When I opened my game and clicked new the town doesn't show up. What am I doing wrong?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#324 Old 4th May 2015 at 2:37 AM
Aktnlive and neuroticnelly so sorry for the late answer.
All you need to do is download the three parts , rename them again to pleasant view and extract the file from the first part.
Then put that file in the saves folder not in the downloads folder!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#325 Old 15th May 2015 at 11:25 PM Last edited by modtheshits : 16th May 2015 at 12:27 AM.
At first, it was a MAJOR headache to install. But, now that I figured it out, it's quite cool. I never actually played the sims 2, but this is awesome.
To those who got stuck like I did, here's a little guide:
1) I know some people prefer 7zip (much like me), but you NEED WinRAR to install this. If you don't want to get viruses, remember: the real site to get the WinRAR trial version (since you have to pay for it) is a little site called rarlab.com
2)After installing WinRAR, get a folder and put ALL the files (Parts 1,2, & 3)into it.
3)Open the folder and right click on Part 1. There should be an option that says 'Extract Here'. Click it.
4) While extracting the files, it'll ask time to time again for the different part files. Click the button that makes it so you can see inside the folder (don't remember the name of the button), and click on the next part, then hit 'okay'.
5) After extracting the rar files, place the extracted file in the save folder, located in the sims 3 folder, located in your documents.
6) Start up the game. Now, instead of having to hit new game to use the map, it's already in an save thingy.

Now, before you start playing, remember, there aren't sims already in the house lots. To fix this, hit 'Edit Town', create some sims, and place them in the households yourself.

That ends my guide on how to install this, and a big THANK YOU to the guy/gal who made this.
Page 13 of 14