Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default I need some serious help
I wanted to open up one of my .package files, but when I double clicked on a .package, I selected Open With.. and by accident selected Microsoft.NET Installation hook. Now all my .package files look like this:

I don't know wtf I did, Can someone please help me?
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:47 AM Last edited by daysies : 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:54 AM.
You will have to break the file association by deleting the association. Hang on... I need to gather the correct steps.

Open up Windows Explorer.
Click on Tools, then Folder Options.
Click on File Types.
Search for .package and then click change (The button is located in the "Details for..." part of the window)
Either associate it with another program or you can just delete the extension (from the list of extensions). If you have SimPE installed, then you can associate it with that.
Next time you open up the .package, it'll ask you want program you want to use. SimPE automatically associates them when you install the program.

I hope that helps! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 3:57 AM Last edited by pippi420 : 22nd Feb 2005 at 4:08 AM.
Thank you so much for your help. I actually just decided to restore my computer to an earlier day and everything seems to be back to normal now.