Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 12:02 AM
Default Extracting Clothes from Skyrim?
I want to start out by saying how sorry I am if I didn't post this in the right place, explain enough, etc.
But I was wondering how to extract clothes from Skyrim and then put them into Sims 2. I've going through the beginner tutorials in body meshing and recoloring, so I'm understanding how to create clothing (though I'm still learning). But the content I want to make is mostly armor and I love the way the armor in the game looks. I've Googled somethings, but there was almost nothing that I was looking for. I don't understand how to get the Skyrim files (in nif. and dds. fornats) into Milkshape. I tried to converting part of the armor into an obj. file and then import it into the program, but it shows up being way too big. And then, how do I make a full outfit for my sim? How do I put the gauntlets (gloves) and boots, which are seperate, into Milkshape to create a full outfit?

I'm going to get more experience under my belt before I even attempt this, I just wanted to know how difficult or complex this would be. Also, can anyone write a tutorial or link one? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to anyone who responds.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 12:27 AM
It's doable.
It's also difficult as hell and I haven't attempted it myself, personally. Here you can see an Oblivion armor converted to TS2 so it's possible. (Oblivion uses the same filetypes and methods)
You would need to extract all the files and convert the NIF to OBJ (which you seem to already know how to do) and then import them into Milkshape, obviously. It would be easier to do a "full body" armor (like the one in my link) than one that would need to be assembled like the standard sets. But I assume you would just import them all on top of each other and they would already be placed properly. I'm just assuming though, I haven't actually tried it.
Then you need to scale the mesh down to sim-size using a reference mesh, bend the limbs and such to line up with the sim body and do the tedious process of assigning the bones. I believe there's a toolkit for TS3 that will let you auto-assign bones from a reference mesh that also works for TS2 meshes.
So, yeah, enormous amount of work but entirely doable. If you just want stuff like armor cuirasses and the like you may want to try making them as accessories rather than full body outfits. Still would need to follow the whole process but it would allow for more versatility and probably would be easier to make, if the armor pieces didn't import to Milkshape in the right spots since you wouldn't have to assemble it to a body. There are accessory cuirasses and helms buried....somewhere in this huge set that may be good to look at for reference.
I don't know of any tutorial specifically for converting outfits from Skyrim but this tutorial (needs registration to view, well worth it though) covers the basics of converting objects from Skyrim and similar games. Again, it's object-focused but it gives the basics of converting knowledge so it's still worth looking at.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 7:59 PM
Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:08 PM
the question is for me, how do you do it on the sims 3
Site Helper
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
Why not ask in the Sims 3 forum then?