Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:20 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't get body shop CC working in Ultimate Collection
I'm having a weird issue getting UC set up on my wifes computer. We have identical Toshiba laptops with Windows 8.1 and AMD A6 processors and it works perfectly on mine but on hers only buy and build mode CC shows up but no hair or clothes or makeup. Both computers are new and UC was the only version of Sims 2 ever installed on it. I have double and triple checked that custom content is enabled and have uninstalled then reinstalled the game on her machine to no avail and I copied my working downloads folder to her machine and the body shop stuff still doesn't work. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:42 AM Last edited by maxon : 19th Oct 2014 at 12:09 PM.
You could start by checking the UC FAQ page:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Collection_FAQs

Also, I think there's a thread on here about people who were having problems. You might have a look for it - or maybe someone else remembers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:51 PM
I have looked at the FAQ but nothing there has helped. I also read the other thread you mentioned and several people have had this same problem but no one has posted a solution.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
When you say your DL folder is working, how is it organised? Have you got stuff in sub-folders or just all the files in together? Sometimes, people have trouble getting stuff to show up if they sub-folder (especially beyond one or two layers) whereas people like me can sub-folder to infinity and beyond. I have no idea why this is.

Another thing that might work is to put her Bodyshop CC in the Saved Sims folder.

It seems bizarre that you have the same set up and it doesn't work properly for your wife but this sort of thing has happened before and I don't think anyone knows quite why. All you can do is fiddle round until suddenly BINGO! it works. Personally, I feel sure magic is involved somewhere - or perhaps the game holds random grudges. And if you think that's daft, it's as good an explanation sometimes as any other.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Fat Brian : 19th Oct 2014 at 8:03 PM.
Both of our downloads folders are setup the same with subfolders but never more than two folders deep. My downloads folder that works perfectly on my machine has the same no body shop cc on hers. I've tried taking the folders out and just dumping the package files in the downloads folder and still the body shop stuff doesn't work but furniture and stuff does. I will try moving the body shop stuff into the saved sims folder and see what happens.

UPDATE:
I tried putting some things in the saved sims folder but nothing changed. I did notice body shop is messed up though, it doesn't save sims you make. You click done and the screen changes back to the main screen but the sim you wanted to save isn't in the bin. I ran the Origin repair utility on it and it repaired something but this is still broken.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:45 PM
Damn - because the next thing I was going to suggest was force the issue by creating something in BS. Sounds like the installation is wonky.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
I was just trying to get it to generate a saved sims folder when I noticed it wasn't saving the sim period. I guess it's time to reinstall it again, maybe the third time is the charm.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:39 AM
Thanks for your help, I got it. The third install did the trick, I went straight to body shop and saved a randomly generated sim and this time it saved correctly so I put in all of her cc and it worked.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat Brian
Thanks for your help, I got it. The third install did the trick, I went straight to body shop and saved a randomly generated sim and this time it saved correctly so I put in all of her cc and it worked.

Well, what a bugger! Glad it sorted itself out. Using BS to force things is often effective.