Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to get the game to recognise my AMD Radeon Graphics Card
I have an intel graphics card as well as an AMD Radeon graphics card it seems. Now I have googled and looked at celebkiriedhel's tutorial here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

But I'm having a problem in the sense that according to my Config report in my EA/Documents folder the game is only recognising the Intel graphics even though I want it to recognise my AMD one. Now, I have as a temp solution downloaded the Intel fixed config video card that is available at the site but I don't want that to be the long term plan because I know it could ruin my Intel graphics card.

I make no claims to be a computer expert (the opposite really), so I ask that if you do provide information could you please provide it with a step by 'simple minded' step.
Below is my lastest dixdig report:

Thank you in Advance.

EDIT:

More information about my AMD Graphics Card: (In case needed)

Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:51 PM
Yes I set Sims2EP_exe to high performance as well.

I will say this, having played the sims for 2 years on my old laptop with low graphics and with an soley intel graphics card on that laptop. I have to say looking at the Sims on my new laptop is like seeing a new game.

I too hope someone could help and bring closure for other people as well.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:51 AM
I just upgraded my graphics card to a AMD Sapphire R7 250 and found that the only available game resolution was 800x600.

Fortunately I found this link, which explains how to edit the Graphics Rules.sgr file. It's intended for the Ultimate Collection, but you just need to edit the file for your latest expansion pack...

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-s...solution-guide/