Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 8:35 AM
Default 3ds Max importing and questions about such things
I have been using the Trial version of 3ds Max and I can't seem to figure out how to get the files to go into the program so that I can mesh. I can't use milkshape because my trial ran out and I am super broke. Can anyone help? I would love to know how to get this to work. And sorry if this thread is already in existance, I must have overlooked it.

"So to get star power, do you tip the drums over?" - Heather G.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 12:20 PM
"And sorry if this thread is already in existance, I must have overlooked it."

No problem. Check this thread out:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=382785
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:01 PM
Thank you for the link, but that thread really doesn't help. I'm having the problem with importing to 3ds max. and it's hair I am trying to make. I wish I could use milkshape, because then all my problems would be solved, but I can't. That's what I need help with.

Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:13 PM
To use the tools posted at MTS you have to have Milkshape as far as I know...which is mentioned in the thread I linked to.

I don't know if the TSRW format would work for you...have you tried asking at the forum for that tool?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 5:29 PM
I have it, and far as I know, it just puts it in either .wrk or .wso format. I heard a Black Pearl Sims that there is a user that can use 3ds max without milkshape, but I have had no luck. I really wish I could use milkshape, but I can't. This is so frustrating to me.